nrdbomber

headlock solution for marzocchi fork-dirt jump I

ok, so i had some headset loosening problems. the whole starnut thing was killin me, so i looked into a headlock. i went out and bought an azonic headlock, but tried to install it and it would not fit my marzocchi dirt jump 1, because the steer tube is extra thick where it's pressed into the crown. i checked some threads here, and found that the solution tends to be to modify the headlock by grinding it down to fit...

...long story short, i found a "sinz" brand headlock that fits...only upsidedown. for all intensive purposes, it works great!!! i've had no problems at all. just wanted to share the experience, in case someone else has encountered the same problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

I post too much.
    Nice bike, and nice advice if I ever need it.

nrdbomber

thanks

it should also work for other marzocchi forks that have the extra thick steertube. i've seen some besides the dj series with fat steertubes.
    We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the headlock you're using does not fit on top of the stem but inside the stem. If this is the case how is this keeping your headset from coming loose? If you were to loosen the bolts on the stem the fork would fall right out it seems.

nrdbomber

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Seanbike
    Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the headlock you're using does not fit on top of the stem but inside the stem. If this is the case how is this keeping your headset from coming loose? If you were to loosen the bolts on the stem the fork would fall right out it seems.
    i will correct you. you are wrong. the top cap sits on top of the stem...just like a normal top cap. how would it go inside the stem? are you looking at the second to last picture? it's sittin on top!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Nevermind, it's just the shitty monitor on my computer at work.