Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Haro Steel Reserve 1.3

http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/tab2_subNav2.php

So I'm about to pull the trigger on ordering a Haro Steel Reserve 1.3. Looking at the geometry chart the two sizes only differ by .5" http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/geo13.html
    Being 6' flat I figured I would go for the longer frame. Is there going to be a real noticeable difference between the two frames?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    That bike is sweet. Is that 23"? That's longer than what I've normally seen but I'm 6'4" so longer is better!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xDetroitMetalx
    That bike is sweet. Is that 23"? That's longer than what I've normally seen but I'm 6'4" so longer is better!
    23.3" is the effective top tube length, so the actual top tube measurement would be a little less. I'm probably going to get the long frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hell yea, that will be a great ride.

Formerly The Agency
    At your height go for the long. Cool bike...got to take a closer look at it last week.
    MTBR wants you to know I work for:
    Morewood Bicycles

mtbr member

Good job!

I picked mine up yesterday. I'm 6'2 and got the long frame. I ordered mine a week prior for $675 plus tax / $15 shipping - then a few days ago I noticed the MSRP on the website to be $1000 - not sure what happened there but it's a sweet bike - has Alienation 440's, full cromo, etc - the graphics are under the clearcoat - was very happy with the quality of the welds on this bike. Would recommend for sure.

A great deal for $675

If you are in Florida and want one, PM me for the LBS contact info where I bought mine.

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minx20
    I picked mine up yesterday. I'm 6'2 and got the long frame. I ordered mine a week prior for $675 plus tax / $15 shipping - then a few days ago I noticed the MSRP on the website to be $1000 - not sure what happened there but it's a sweet bike - has Alienation 440's, full cromo, etc - the graphics are under the clearcoat - was very happy with the quality of the welds on this bike. Would recommend for sure.

A great deal for $675

If you are in Florida and want one, PM me for the LBS contact info where I bought mine.
    You sure that you didn't get the Steel Reserve 1.2?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    You sure that you didn't get the Steel Reserve 1.2?
    Nope, the 1.3

Still need to drop the seat, pull off the reflectors etc, but here it is - sweet ride:
    Last edited by Minx20; 10-03-2009 at 08:45 PM.

mtbr member
    I just looked at the price catalog and depending out how big of a Haro dealer they are, that could have been at cost pricing. LOL

The bike looks sick. I already have a list of things I'm replacing when mine comes in,

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by droptopchevy
    I just looked at the price catalog and depending out how big of a Haro dealer they are, that could have been at cost pricing. LOL

The bike looks sick. I already have a list of things I'm replacing when mine comes in,

Don't know as I'm not in the business - I ordered mine prior to seeing the msrp on the haro website since the '10s were just placed on the site during the past week - figured they deal in a lot of volume so they had a lower price - I was looking at a P3 but for the price on the 1.3 I got, I ordered a Haro Railer SS as well for just pure cruzing - both bikes together ended up costing several hundred less than a P3 - Did not want two bikes, but needed a long distance type to ride with the gilfriend.

mtbr member
    Got mine today. Spent a good amount of the day getting the rotor perfect and taking off all of the stickers. Plan on taking it out tomorrow.

mtbr member

New question here.

Got mine today. Spent a good amount of the day getting the rotor perfect and taking off all of the stickers. Plan on taking it out tomorrow.
    Sweet - First thing I did was to get rid of all the safety precaution decals, refectors and lower the seat. Question, how is the best way to adjust the fork? This is the first bike I have with a shock fork. I see there is a air valve on the right fork leg cap. Do you simply add / take air from this valve to adjust the shock? Can I use a regular air pump to do so? Any pointers would be greqat - Thx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minx20
    Sweet - First thing I did was to get rid of all the safety precaution decals, refectors and lower the seat. Question, how is the best way to adjust the fork? This is the first bike I have with a shock fork. I see there is a air valve on the right fork leg cap. Do you simply add / take air from this valve to adjust the shock? Can I use a regular air pump to do so? Any pointers would be greqat - Thx
    Use a shock pump. Its like a tire pump, but it threads on and does higher psi. The manual said to set the shock between 2-3 bar, about 30/45 psi for my weight. There is also a rebound adjustment on the bottom of the fork which I plan on messing with tomorrow.

mtbr member
    the Marzocchi fork on the 1.3 is a way better choice than the "SR SUNTOUR" fork on the 1.2

Allday Haro
    shits hott

mtbr member

Good job!

Use a shock pump. Its like a tire pump, but it threads on and does higher psi. The manual said to set the shock between 2-3 bar, about 30/45 psi for my weight. There is also a rebound adjustment on the bottom of the fork which I plan on messing with tomorrow.

Thx for the info - picked up a pump yesterday and made some adjustments. So far this bike is the most fun I have had with a bike. Rode along with a buddy that has a 24" BMX and we did about 8 miles of downtown riding. Was surprised how easy it was to ride long distance with the gear ratio. Don't have another DJ bike to compare this to that I have ridden for any amount of time but the fun factor on this bike is way up there.

Meh.
    That's a good deal, sounds like you might have gotten dealer cost. I no longer work for a Haro dealer, so I wouldn't know.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Haro stl res 1.3

Hey guys,
    i live in arizona next to phoenix. i want to purchase the new steel reserve 1.3. ive searched online like crazy but noone local carrys it! driving me crazy please help on how i can purchase this bike for local in the united states

thanks,
    Peral

mtbr member

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Peral
    Hey guys,
    i live in arizona next to phoenix. i want to purchase the new steel reserve 1.3. ive searched online like crazy but noone local carrys it! driving me crazy please help on how i can purchase this bike for local in the united states

thanks,
    Peral
    Click on the link below -it list all the HARO dealers in your area - my local shop did not carry them in stock, but only took a week to arrive:

http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/dealer/...ealer_State=AZ

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Current pic of my Haro DJ - Still have a few tweeks to do but for now it's good to go till free up some extra $ or break something

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Thanks bro, i figured as much but most shops have a balloon price when they have to order. then i end up paying17% over at cost price. im 28 yrs old and been in the bmx seen along time and all though az is great for bmx with exception of motorist but that applys to motorcycles too. ill make some calls tomorrow and see what price range varys thanks again bro.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    yeah thats such a sick bike great pic! i just had my hoffman al 2008 stolen while at work. so been sour lately. i had it heavily modified ($1200) with after market parts. i wasnt pissed i was depressed like someone kidnapped my child. i love that bike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peral
    Thanks bro, i figured as much but most shops have a balloon price when they have to order. then i end up paying17% over at cost price. im 28 yrs old and been in the bmx seen along time and all though az is great for bmx with exception of motorist but that applys to motorcycles too. ill make some calls tomorrow and see what price range varys thanks again bro.
    Mine came out to $675 plus tax and $15 shipping. Some folks on here said I must have mistakenly got dealer cost on it - I agree as the msrp is a tad over $1000

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    thats a smokin deal. the story i think is though that bike was the 2009 1.2 model because there brand mananger whom i spoke with said the new 1.1,1.2 were launched this year and the same exact to the dot new 1.2 2009 was just reintroduced for '10 as the 1.3. i believe there might have been just a small window u managed to utilize. check this link out and they explain in the video. if at all possible the shop you got it from if you would please give me the web address and number? maybe i can order from them even if they tacked on a shipping fee it still would be reasonobly cheaper then current msrp

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast