Gusset, DMR trail blade or what?

Getting a new fork. I have ridden suspension at the park but am tired of the huge weight penalty. I have a dented dmr fork that has been fine but I since Black Market is sending me the "first" retail bought Edit 1 frame this week, it's time to consider a new fork.

So, I think I want to go with a 20mm rigid, since I have a 20mm wheelset to use. I like the look of a straight blade fork but don't care enough to buy one just for looks.

So.. Gusset, DMR or what?

By the way, I am a heavy dude. 240 on a light day. And I am fairly aggressive.

g

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganze View Post
    Getting a new fork. I have ridden suspension at the park but am tired of the huge weight penalty. I have a dented dmr fork that has been fine but I since Black Market is sending me the "first" retail bought Edit 1 frame this week, it's time to consider a new fork.

So, I think I want to go with a 20mm rigid, since I have a 20mm wheelset to use. I like the look of a straight blade fork but don't care enough to buy one just for looks.

g
    There's also Idetiti :
    BTI | 24-29" Rigid Forks from Identiti

Identiti Rebate 14/20 Fork

Identiti Rebate 14/20 26" fork, 20x110mm - black
    Ideal for the rider using 20mm thru-axle suspension fork that wants to go rigid, without buying a new front wheel
    Exclusive 20mm axle with 14mm nutted ends for running a thru-axle hub with pegs
    Lightweight and strong butted 31.8mm 4130 CrMo straight blades with shallow radius leg bends
    Internally and externally butted steerer reduces weight, minimizes stress risers
    6mm thick CNC machined dropouts, axle slots aligned toward vector of impact
    51mm International Standard disc mounts and 20/14mm nutted axle set included. 3.1lbs (200mm uncut)

mtbr member
    +1 on the identiti

I rode the Rebate 14/20 on a bike for awhile. The bonus was I could use pegs on a 20mm hub without funky self- modifications. It was heavier than other rigid forks available. But I'd recommend it especially for bigger people.

wound up with the identity rebate 10mm. i tried the 20mm but didn't want to buy a new set of wheels. I already run 10mm solid axles on my xt hubs anyway so stiffness has never been an issue. I have had a dmr before and the quality if the identity seems to be way better.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganze View Post

g

I use a DMR Trailblade and I love it. A lot of my friends use: 32 FLOAT 100 FIT CTD w/Trail Adjust Bike Fork | FOX for a suspension fork and they are only 3 - 3.5lbs depending on what model you get. I really want these and they lock out too.