Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004

GT Ruckus UF, worth the money?

I found a guy selling a 07 GT Ruckus for $580 new, but the 08 version might retail at 600 or so.

Is this a killer deal or just kinda so-so?

I know, a dumb question. I've got a build Steelhead, but I could probably get close to 350 for that, and have been eying cheap new DJ/Urban specific bikes...

mtbr remember
    I know I've always had a soft spot for this years ruckus UF24, and even pondered picking one up awhile back.... I usually don't like complete bikes in this genre so much, and really like building my own, but the UF24 just had so much bang for the buck.
    But, I really don't know a whole lot about the 26" susp. fork version. To me, that looks like a decent deal, but nothing really killer. I'd put money down that it would have better geometry than your steelhead though.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    the 08 is 649... I've been looking at that bike too for a long time and it's still hot to me but yeah I think you could get something better over...ebay or whatever...for the same price.

The sun Duro D's are actualy pretty good.

I'd buy over eBay or pinkbike (pinkbike = only if your seller is local...lots of ******** up there...)

What are your steelhead specs? like parts?

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    05 Steelhead XL Frame
    04 Marzocchi FR2
    XT Hubs w/ Ryhno Lite XL's
    Truvativ cranks with bashring (SS)
    Hayes HFX9 rear brake
    Deity bars and stem.

dirt rules
    I've heard the GT frame is very heavy. I wonder if this is true, or sitll the case?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    I've heard the GT frame is very heavy. I wonder if this is true, or sitll the case?
    Theyre not too bad, I had mine down below 30 lbs with just a Kona rigid jump fork, Krads, mostly stock besides that. I bought an 07 that was a very abused only had to replace the bottom bracket. The stock parts arent bad. I liked the cranks quite a bit. My brother who rides it now prefers it to his STP.

Mostly stock:

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    I know I've always had a soft spot for this years ruckus UF24, and even pondered picking one up awhile back.... I usually don't like complete bikes in this genre so much, and really like building my own, but the UF24 just had so much bang for the buck.
    But, I really don't know a whole lot about the 26" susp. fork version. To me, that looks like a decent deal, but nothing really killer. I'd put money down that it would have better geometry than your steelhead though.
    Can you buy a UF24, because all the places ive looked say the have been discontinued. The 24 would deffinatly be a worthy GT for the muny espically becuase it has like a frame that is compairable to the USB molly...well heavier but still nice. But im not too sure about the 26" version it doesnt look too bad to me.

Meh.
    I hooked up my buddy with a UF24. It's definitely a fun ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    I hooked up my buddy with a UF24. It's definitely a fun ride.
    Agreed. I have a molly and putting the two bikes next to each other the framers are very similar.

I have no proof to back this up but I think it is a copy and raysmtb had them last year as demos so I rode them often. The molly is hands down a way better frame but the uf24 is nice especially for the money.

mtbr member
    Ya know the guys from njdirt.com were at rays this weekend. One of the guys was riding the uf24 and was killing it.