Hip
    mtbr member

Got a new park bike! I also have a question..

I was going to try and make my All Mountain bike a Park bike but didnt want to tear it apart so I decided to poke around at the LBS's to see what I could find. I rode the 08' Specialized P2 and really liked it. I got it for $250 off and decided to buy it. I really love it and just bought the SSK-3 Conversion to make it a single speed. I am going to an indoor park tomorrow. Only problem is I bent the rear wheel doing a 180 on a hip. I am taking it to the shop tomorrow and am praying they can true it. How bad does it have to be to where it cant be trued? Its rubbing the frame a bit. I am kind of sick right now because I was so stoked about riding it tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2008
    There are plenty of threads and comments on here about the stock wheels. I currently ride and 08 P1 and I got tired of having to true the wheels after what seemed like every ride... I've trued rims that were 3/4 to 1 inch off and still got some life out of them. The worse it is, the more often you will have to do it.

Personally, I laced pimplites to the stock hubs to save cash but you might consider an upgrade if you continue to have issues... Just just get them true and tensioned at the lbs (if you don't do the work yourself) and see what kind of life you can get out of them. If worse comes to worse Outlaw's are good deal...

Hip
    mtbr member
    Thanks man....you gave me hope. As long as I can get through the week I will be happy. I had a thread going in the wheel section and they gave me some recomendations as well. Thanks.