mtbr member
    Feb 2004

good build ideas

Well I am going to venture a guess here that i am in the right forum. I am picking up a Cove Hooker SL F/S rig for a killer deal and was hoping to get som ideas on what parts to swap out for what. I am going to be using this bike as my dialy trasnport as well as racing 4x, urban free riding and just about evevrything else with it. this is the link to the bike> http://classifieds.mtbr.com/cgi-bin/...uery=retrieval so just follow that link. I am planning on taking off the SPD's for the street and running som e Pr1mo tenderizers, I was also looking at doing a Rock Shocks Pike fork. That seat has got to go so any ideas would be great.

resident dumbass
    Pr1mo tenderivers forever, man! They're the shi+!
    Are these the aluminums or the magnesiums?

WTB makes good seats.
    I'm out of things to say . . .

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I'll prob. just go cheap and get the al ones do to the fact that urban F/R would be a royal pain in my arse with spd's.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    New fork and tires

mtbr remember
    hey, pretty nice score there, rare... Well, first of all I'd say, CONVERT THAT THING TO SS!! it would be sweet. throw on a set of Tioga FS100's, microdrive 25:12 gearing (if it clears susp.), and yes, the Pike as well and it would be a BAAD mammajamma that NOone else around would have, or even thought of. very simple and smooth too as an SS, and lighter too. The seat isn't so bad, you have other areas to focus on first I think...

Primo Tenderizer's are pretty heavy. Actually, I have a set in red that I'd let go for a few bucks. PM me and I'll shoot you some digital pics if you're serious. they are red and in great shape, all pins intact, spin consistent and smooth. I'd be able to get'em out in the mail to you as soon as you can pay.
    Schralp it Heavy.

train gorilla
    25:12 is going to suck for daily transportation and 4x.
    The officer saw the words, "This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb" and became concerned.

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by ---->SWERVE76<----
    25:12 is going to suck for daily transportation and 4x.
    oh haha, that's right, I forgot he planned on racing 4X with the beast... if you can't tell, I've got too many ideas floating in my head that need to be spit out first before taking in considerations....
    well, for daily transport it wouldn't be bad at all though, just one up from 2:1, and I run a taller 28:12 on my 24 for daily commuting that involves climbs both ways.
    Schralp it Heavy.

train gorilla
    Im running 26:11 on my molly. I use it on my 4 block commute everyday. It works as long as I dont try to keep up with traffic.
    The officer saw the words, "This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb" and became concerned.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    like i said i AM planniing on racing this beast but weight is not my first priority (sp?). I need this bike to be close to bomb proof. Im a bid dude at 6foot 2 and about 210 pounds.