rock hard or hardrock

going riding soon help me ASAP

i am trying to learn 180's and i can only seem to spin about 90 deg.'s i know i have enough air i just have a problem spining can someone help me and tell me what i am doing wrong and what i should do to fix it
    www.transitionbikes.com

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

mtbr member
    You need to really twist your upper body, head, and neck. As you're just about to go off the lip, twist your body a little in the opposite direction of the way you want to turn. Bascially pre-loading your body to spin. Then as you go off the lip, snap your body back in the direction you want to spin. Turn your head and your bars in the direction of the spin. Then as your turn in the air, straighten your bars and your body out and ready yourself for landing. If you have a small kicker ramp or curb, try this in a grassy area to get the feel before attempting off anything of a larger size. Beware that the first few times you may over-rotate. Just be ready for that. Depending on the size of the lip, you may have to exaggerate your jump as well. Really boost it to get mor air. The longer you're in the air, the more time to rotate. Believe it or not, jumping off the diving board at the neighborhood pool helped me alot in dialing tricks. I'd just jump and imagine myself doing it on a bike and trying to mimmick the motions. Just FYI, a double front flip off a 1 meter board has potential for some serious pain!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    remeber one thing your everything fallows your head. If your trying to do a 180 make sure as soon as ur in the air your looking back at where u took off.

rock hard or hardrock
    sorry i havent said anything but thank you alot for the help i came back(while i was riding) and i read this and wanted to get back ASAP to try it i didnt have time to say anything but thank you alot it really helped ive been landing them all day and even almost a 360 it was sweet...as for our jumpit is a 3-4 foot hill (very steep like a 60-75 deg. angle that we put some lip into) and you can get about 4-6 feet off it depending on how hard you pedal so the jump is a good enough size to do some 180's,360's,table top's,1 & no footer's,x-up's,etc so i like it alot and its only about 2 min's from my house.....so thanks for al the help i helped alot
    www.transitionbikes.com

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

mtbr member
    we're taliking jump 180's? No experiance, but if you want to do a flat land 180,
    1)pull up and start your turn while your back tire is on the ground.
    2) lift your back tire, keeping your front tire higher.
    3) level your wheels out in the air.
    4) make sure you are sucking your bike up, just as you would for a big bunnyhop. Always keep your head and upper body twisted the way you're turning. You must commit!!!!
    5) Land wheels even, or your back tire slightly first.
    6) If your not going to get close to landing it, if you're like 0nly 90 degrees, take a foot off or if you have time, get both feet off and over the bike to soften the blow. it is VERY hard on wheels landing sideways.

Once you get good or close, try it off curbs to give you that little extra hangtime.

Now, I dont know if you were learning this for street or jumping, but the techniques should be close to the same for both. Hope that helps.

-cummings