Biker for Life

giant stp or specialized P.3

what bike would you get
    the stp or the P.3
    i want to get a little into trials but i mainly do urban
    afk irl

mtbr member
    That's a matter of pesonal preference. Persoanlly I don't care for the way P bikes look like trail bikes as opposed to a large BMX, but that's me. ...and don't listen to me anyway because I ride the king of goofy looking bikes.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    stp 0, 1 or 2?

i would probly vote p3 tho, it has great componets, e13 guide, those thin pedels, and dual avid juicy hydros

one big thing is the horizantle d/os, thats a reall tight thing

I post too much.
    Either one you feel rides better.

dirt rules
    The STP is better suited to trials, I think.

Pro Crastinator
    i've been killing it on a STP for almost 2 years now, most of my friends bought a P. series bike (because they got "good" deals on them), i am the only one who's original bike hasn't just completely clapped out yet (most of their bikes were even purchsed in '06). trust me, my bike has been hammered beyond any one of theirs could have ever deamed to upholding to.

STP, hands down...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    The STP rocks for trials and urban. I've tried both and have been on the stp for two years. I have progresssed really well with this bike. I'm with westcoasthucker, STP hands down. I use it for park, trials, urban, bmx, and slalom racing. absolutely the best handleing bike.

Portland, OR
    the P. is alright for trials, I do a little myself. the P.3 is a much nicer bike for the price. anymore everyone has a STP. rarely do you see one of the newer P. series around. bought mine 3 years ago. all original components (ecept fork) lasted fine.

I like the P. a lot better, because Giant just still hasnt figured it out yet .... they need horizintal dropouts.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    May 2006
    ive got an stp 1 06 version and its good but i rekon the new 07 version stp 0 kills the p3

mtbr member
    Get the STP. Way better geometry IMO.

stitches from ditches
    Sep 2006
    Funny enough I just got a chance to ride my friends new P3 the other day. I think it was an 06 model though the only thing I really know is that it was new. Well anyway it rode pretty well though I felt a little weird on it (maybe because I am used to my STP). I didn't get to do anything impressive on it for fear of breaking something but my gutt said that I was happier I went with STP.
    My advise ([SIZE="1"]Disclaimer: follow the following advise at your own risk the poster takes no responsibility in any situation that the reader gets himself/herself into[/SIZE]) to you is to find somebody that has a P series bike and or an STP and take it for a ride then buy the one you like best.