mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! giant a DJ bike?

hey, i have an old Giant Bolder that im not racing XC on and i want to make it a singlespeed dirtjump bike,im not talking about any crazy jumps just some fun smaller ones, i might even end up taking it to a skate park,
    the basics are i want to turn this into a dirtjump bike so all tips are helpful
    i do have a tight budget
    ~thanks~

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'd be a little weary putting a Boulder, new or old, through that kind of abuse. Honestly, I would just get a decent 20" or 24". Those would cost the same or even less than what it will take to get the Boulder to a single speed and get rims and a fork for it. May or may not be what you want to hear but putting a bike through that kind of riding is a task that the Boulder wouldn't hold up to on the same level that a bmx'er would.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I had a Giant Boulder too... What I did is I tried to make everything as close, simple and strong without spending money... Take front brake off, take rear derailleur off (always snaps), take front derailleur off, and stiffen suspension. I rode that while saving cash for something better.

It was better than nothing for sure.

But I would get somthing else as soon as you can.

Cheers =)

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    thanks guys.. any other tips would help... ill try that