Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: General Issue ?

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mesier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    249

    New question here. General Issue ?

    Hi!
    What you know about frame Atomlab G.I. Street ?
    Tough?
    Good for street/dj ?
    What about this frame with 24" wheels?
    Is this frame the same Pimp2 ? (except dropouts).
    Any opinions needed!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: paintballeerXC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,972
    its a very sweet frame ebfreerider has uses it with it i think. good company

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ebfreerider510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,575
    Quote Originally Posted by paintballeerXC
    its a very sweet frame ebfreerider has uses it with it i think. good company
    i actually run the trailpimp frame, which i believe has the same geo as the GI and Pimp2, just different tubing. it's a very dialed frame

  4. #4
    Rb
    Rb is offline
    wrenchscience.com
    Reputation: Rb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by mesier
    Hi!
    What you know about frame Atomlab G.I. Street ?
    Tough?
    Good for street/dj ?
    What about this frame with 24" wheels?
    Is this frame the same Pimp2 ? (except dropouts).
    Any opinions needed!
    Tough?

    Haven't seen a broken Atomlab yet....

    Good for street/dj ?

    Sure. Are you?

    What about this frame with 24" wheels?

    Why not?

    Is this frame the same Pimp2 ? (except dropouts).

    Same bike. Straight-gauge CrMo instead of the butted Daytona stuff...
    :: wrenchscience ::

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: WhitePony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    74
    So basicly the trailpimp is an upgraded version (lighter) than the GI?

    I have been looking at the atom labs stuff for awhile now. It looks pretty bad ass.
    I whip these -
    07 Yeti DJ, 08 Marx 4x WC
    05 SC Bullit, 05 Marz 66

    http://pointoneracing.com/
    www.anthonybest.com

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Graydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitePony
    So basicly the trailpimp is an upgraded version (lighter) than the GI?

    I have been looking at the atom labs stuff for awhile now. It looks pretty bad ass.
    GI has vertical dropouts / Trailpimp has horizontal dropouts

  7. #7
    Do it with style
    Reputation: EVIL E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    308
    I have a TrailKing and i love it....park,dirt,street,good even for droppin the cliff at falls city

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    187
    anyone have a pricelist for the atomlab frames?

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Graydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmay
    anyone have a pricelist for the atomlab frames?
    www.atomlab.com

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    187
    do you guys think the trailpimp could make a good street/urban bike? Possible to build it at or under 25lbs?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: the_godfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    913
    if you plan to run disks get a pimp2 as the dropouts tend to bend with the use of a disk brake
    i ride my bi*ch hard

  12. #12
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,448
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmay
    do you guys think the trailpimp could make a good street/urban bike? Possible to build it at or under 25lbs?
    The trail pimp is just that, a street/dj bike. So yes, it is good.

    25lbs? That'd be pushing it, but a 28-30lbs build could be achieved easily.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    187
    snaky69, do you think I could build a 25 trailpimp with $2000?

    Im still uncertain about the frame, but the rest of the parts look like this:

    Marzocchi 4x reduced to 80mm
    atomlab trailpimp lites 24"
    Macneil seat and seatpost
    profile bmx race cranks w/ti bottom bracket
    thomson 50mm 4X stem(this could possibly change)
    unsure about what gear setup I wanna go with, but more than likely microdrive 9x24
    handlebar, tires and grips I'll figure out later

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Graydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmay
    do you guys think the trailpimp could make a good street/urban bike? Possible to build it at or under 25lbs?
    Anything is possible. My bikes sits at 26.2 pounds it would be tough to get it to 25 without sacrificing some burlyness.



  15. #15
    Rb
    Rb is offline
    wrenchscience.com
    Reputation: Rb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmay
    do you guys think the trailpimp could make a good street/urban bike? Possible to build it at or under 25lbs?
    I like mine......

    It's possible to get it down to 25 lbs... just gotta spend the cash and be choice in your part-spec....
    :: wrenchscience ::

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    187
    I work for a shop, so I dont have to spend as much as some people. I am probably looking to spend $2000 retail. Can I run BMX hubs like profile on a trailpimp?

  17. #17
    mtbr remember
    Reputation: BikeSATORI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,257
    no bmx hubs (110mm rear spacing), but you can indeed run Profile 135mm rear hubs on your Atomlab.

    Shouldn't really equate dollar amounts to weight amounts here... That's not always a level comparison. It's not like because someone has a 24lb stp they spend 4K on it, but someone with a 35lb clifcat only spend $700...
    Everyone's build is going to be a little different.


    Graydog, I think I've said it before, but your ride is smooth. yeah, it would be kind of tough to drop much more weight from there, at least anything nearing a full #, from what I can see anyway.
    Schralp it Heavy.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    no bmx hubs (110mm rear spacing), but you can indeed run Profile 135mm rear hubs on your Atomlab.

    Shouldn't really equate dollar amounts to weight amounts here... That's not always a level comparison. It's not like because someone has a 24lb stp they spend 4K on it, but someone with a 35lb clifcat only spend $700...
    Everyone's build is going to be a little different.


    Graydog, I think I've said it before, but your ride is smooth. yeah, it would be kind of tough to drop much more weight from there, at least anything nearing a full #, from what I can see anyway.

    so who make the BEST 135mm rear hub for an urban/park application? I love the profile stuff, and they are pretty local to me as well. But is there something out there that might be lighter AND stronger? Honestly Im more worried about weight, Im not that aggressive of a rider and Im relatively light weight(155lbs)

  19. #19
    mtbr remember
    Reputation: BikeSATORI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,257
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmay
    so who make the BEST 135mm rear hub for an urban/park application? I love the profile stuff, and they are pretty local to me as well. But is there something out there that might be lighter AND stronger? Honestly Im more worried about weight, Im not that aggressive of a rider and Im relatively light weight(155lbs)

    "Best" is a relative term.

    Go with the profile, support your local company. Solid stuff, good engagement, great customer service, lots of parts available for'em.

    Are you going disc brake or non-disc hub?

    If you want 9t rear for your super micro-drive, you'll have to get a hub that can run a 1pc driver, most "mtb" style hubs cannot do this, and can only run 13/12t at the smallest on a cassette body.


    I run an old school Profile SS on my Molly, but that is 110mm bmx spacing. A bit heavy, but works great for me. I threw in an alu. bolt on race axle and a ti driver to lighten it up some, along with some new pawls and springs to start the season off right. She's been goin' strong for about 3+ years now.


    Also, if I were you, I'd look for a hub that is bolt-on, not for 9mm quick-release. Bolt-on will be more solid in your dropouts, hold its position longer, and stay stiffer as well.
    Schralp it Heavy.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cmc4130's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,320
    hey graydog, what is the tt length on your trailpimp ? (center to center)

  21. #21
    @wishEMT
    Reputation: gwillywish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    344
    profile could do anything, they mke some of he best hubs around for any application, including a 9t mtb ss hub

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mesier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    249
    Thanks for your opinions, guys!
    Such frame was order a friend of mine.. Frame looks more cool in real life than in the picture. Damn lightweigt (2.5 kg), but all tubes seems to me very thin-wall. Was hear about one frame bend.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Graydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4130
    hey graydog, what is the tt length on your trailpimp ? (center to center)
    ??? Never measured it myself, but I'll check it out for you tonight. Atomlab list it at 22.3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •