rock hard or hardrock

funny DJ stories...tell yours here

so here is my story i was going to our jumps in the woods behind my house and the trail leads right into the trail we use for jumps so i decided to just go strait to the jump and jump it well i had forgot that it rained the night before so i go up and over the jump and i go to spot my landing and i see a huve mud puddle at the bottom of the landind so i land and as im going down the landing i realize the mud wasnt very deep (from the looks of it) so i hit the mud and it ended up being about a foot deep and over the bars i went and one of my riding buddies was right behind me and he ran into my bike and over the bars he went to....all tho nobody was hurt it was a good laugh the rest of the day and i thought i would share it with you guys and i would like to hear your funny stories so please feel free to tell us
    www.transitionbikes.com

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

me like bikes
    Oct 2005
    well, it isn't a dirtjump story, but it is an urban/street story.

i was trying to hit this stair gap on a city monument. there are like 4 or so sets of 5 stairs. well, i decide on this part where there is a hand rail that i'd try and hope over the rail and land on the down side of the next set of stairs... well i saw that i was about 6 inches too low to clear the handrail, so i picthed my bike and i ended up landing of my feet and barely staying standing. well, i land on my feet, barely, and then my bike comes flying over my head, does a full front flip, and lands where i was aiming to land on its wheels and sort of rode its way down the landing to only fall at the bottom. i thought it was funny cause it looked like my bike was being ridden by a ghost.
    "dropped outta school. no G.E.D. but in these streets i'm a G.O.D."
    -murs

rock hard or hardrock
    haha thats a good one
    www.transitionbikes.com

I post too much.
    Ghost biking is always funny, unless you end up breaking something on the bike. The only funny thing I remember doing while djing is totally mistiming my boost on a very small jump near my house, the bike ended up completely vertical with me still on it, and instead of ditching it like I should have, I figured tapping the rear brake while landing would let me come back down on both wheels. It worked, but it worked too well, so I slapped the front end down, my fork bottomed out and spiked and set me over the bars. I tweaked my bars in the process. I was not hurt except in my pride.

eminence front
    Haha some good stories you guys have. I dont have any ones other than stupidity.

A few weeks back I was hitting the jump (the jump in the new thread i just posted) and never checked the landing, my brother had set his bike right behind the tranny. I ran into the stem of his bike, shifting the front wheel and bars on his bike parallel, I went OTB and lucky landed unharmed.

Also, nothing on either bike was broken... to this day i dont understand how nothing got bent.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by derfernerf
    so here is my story i was going to our jumps in the woods behind my house and the trail leads right into the trail we use for jumps so i decided to just go strait to the jump and jump it well i had forgot that it rained the night before so i go up and over the jump and i go to spot my landing and i see a huve mud puddle at the bottom of the landind so i land and as im going down the landing i realize the mud wasnt very deep (from the looks of it) so i hit the mud and it ended up being about a foot deep and over the bars i went and one of my riding buddies was right behind me and he ran into my bike and over the bars he went to....all tho nobody was hurt it was a good laugh the rest of the day and i thought i would share it with you guys and i would like to hear your funny stories so please feel free to tell us

Punctuation. Just do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatarbhoy
    I have to ask for them to do a "Number two" on my head

rock hard or hardrock
    sorry
    www.transitionbikes.com

mtbr member
    Mine was at the skatepark this morning while warming up. Still a bit cold I started trying out some 3's out of this small bowl. Should've warmed up. About the third attempt I had full rotation but slipped off the pedals on the landing. Slammed on the tt, luckily missed my junk but hit the bottom of my pelvis where your femuer connects. Well I'm dancing around with my hand halfway up my ass. I turn around and there this old lady doing her morning power walk just laughing away.

mtbr member
    that's awesome. Probably made her day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by derfernerf
    sorry
    I forgive you , I just have a problem of reading stuff without punctuation waay too fast for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatarbhoy
    I have to ask for them to do a "Number two" on my head

Too Kool for Skool
    When i was on vacation in edmonton i desided to check out their local hill for some runs. I met up with a local rider and we started riding. When we went to the djs (5-6ish foot tall tables) I didnt check my speed after the first jump and went flying past the landing overshooting it by several feet and landing from 8 feet up to flat. My ankles hurt for a while but overall i found it funny because as soon as i was in the air i realized i was screwed and everything went quiet and turned into slow motion and all i could hear was my breathing and the slow motion "ooooooooooooooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit" from some of the other riders as i approached the ground. I rode it out but my ass met the rear tire and my ankles where purple the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theg1ant
    When i was on vacation in edmonton i desided to check out their local hill for some runs. I met up with a local rider and we started riding. When we went to the djs (5-6ish foot tall tables) I didnt check my speed after the first jump and went flying past the landing overshooting it by several feet and landing from 8 feet up to flat. My ankles hurt for a while but overall i found it funny because as soon as i was in the air i realized i was screwed and everything went quiet and turned into slow motion and all i could hear was my breathing and the slow motion "ooooooooooooooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit" from some of the other riders as i approached the ground. I rode it out but my ass met the rear tire and my ankles where purple the next day.
    who did you ride with? (i am an e-town local)

Too Kool for Skool
    Kyle. He is from Leduc and rides a brown kona scrap (or shred) with a dj3 up front. Good rider and nice guy.

Freerider, in your profile it sais that you ride dh with a rm flow. Are you Terri-Anne?
    Last edited by theg1ant; 09-09-2006 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...