mtbr member

frozen hub/blkmrkt 357

i have limited experience with DJ/single speed setups. i have a blackmarket 357 and the freehub barely turns, but i can hear the pawls clicking. axle turns fine. took the nuts off of the axle but its still in there pretty tight. does the freehub come off of the hub? and is it even servicable? or is it junk? thx.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blue109 View Post
    i have limited experience with DJ/single speed setups. i have a blackmarket 357 and the freehub barely turns, but i can hear the pawls clicking. axle turns fine. took the nuts off of the axle but its still in there pretty tight. does the freehub come off of the hub? and is it even servicable? or is it junk? thx.

not sure what you mean by a 'freehub.' there are cassette hubs, and then there are hubs with thread-on freewheels.

the .357 came with a rear cassette hub, but i don't know what brand. can you take pics ?

Pro Crastinator
    unthread everything from the drive-side of the axle, the engagement system should come off with little coaxing. clean it out, re-grease it and put it back together...

mtbr member
    alrighty..heres where im at. ive only spent a little time working on it since i work a ton of hours, but no luck breaking it down further. i expected it tp pop off when i had the axle and bearings out like WC said, but no luck. emailed blackmarket with no response yet but it looks like some generic no-name hub. theres still a little collar thing inside but i cant get it to move at all.

obviously the guts are under that plate, but im wondering if it was meant to come off or its just a throw-away hub.

mtbr member
    hammer+screwdriver=success looks like some ball bearings got mashed into the contact area. seems to be working fine now..