mtbr member

Finding Street/Dj Frame

I'm looking into upgrading from a Jamis Komodo II frame. I love the frame, but I want something with more Street Geometry as opposed to the DJ as I ride almost entirely in an urban environment, looking at about $400 to $450 budget. I also kinda want a more MTB bottom bracket shell as opposed to the MID and Spanish style BB shells, so I don't have to convert all my chains and gears to 1/8 or at least have more options until I can't get the money to go full BMX style drivetrain. Steel is also preferred. I also ride single speed.

The problem is that every time I find a frame it's out of stock or only available in the UK which is really starting to annoy me. DMR frames keeps coming as the only thing available up and I'm really not interested in those frames. The Deity Street Sweeper frame is pretty bad ass, but I really wish it had a different BB shell.

These are the frames thus far I'm been looking into:

Spank Spoon Frame
    Black Market Malice Frame
    NS Bikes Suburban Park Frame (This looks promising, and I can actually find one in the US)

Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    can I ask why the hesitation on the BB? I picked up a cryptkeeper and my 3 piece cranks fit no issues. Dj frames are going away from trad BB, the press fit stuff is much better IMO.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOCRIGID View Post
    can I ask why the hesitation on the BB? I picked up a cryptkeeper and my 3 piece cranks fit no issues. Dj frames are going away from trad BB, the press fit stuff is much better IMO.
    It's not that I don't want to use them. But, at the moment I have a lot invested in 3/32 cranksets, chain rings, chains, and cogs. So I would have to drop more money on getting all the bmx specific drivetrain parts.

With a English thread bb shell I can use both styles and when I get my funds in order convert to the bmx drivetrain.

I just ordered a Spank one2one frame from the UK. I hope it doesn't take to long to get here.

singlespeed stephen
    Apr 2012
    Check out the transition trail or park. Its got horizontal dropouts, euro bb, and no unnecessary cable guides. $450 and yea, its steel.
    2012 Transition TransAM
    2012 Surly Cross Check
    2010 Rocky Mountain Flow DJ

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    newer TOP's are press fit BB

GAME ON!
    i run xtr bearings in my bike's spanish bb so i can run a shimano crankset. there are ways of achieveing things!

this is slightly off of the numbers of all of those bikes, but it's dirt cheap
    Nummers Singlespeed Urban/DJ Frame - PSYCLESTORE
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"