Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Favorite "Tricks?"

I did a search and i don't believe there have been any recent threads about this except the one about what tricks we all can do....so i figured i would ask what everyone's favorite "tricks" are that they do?

for myself...when riding Street i really dig pulling wallrides a lot when they are smooth, and i always love abubacas!!!! man those are fun to do anywhere and everywhere. when it comes to DJ'n, i honestly don't do that many but i love doing the fat moto style whips....and trying to figure out how to pull a decent table. like i've said before....i concentrate a lot more on being smooth then doing the tricks in the air, but i hope to learn some more.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    like i've said before....i concentrate a lot more on being smooth then doing the tricks in the air, but i hope to learn some more.

I'm with you on that one, I don't have many tricks, but will as soon as I get some more smoothness which leads to confidence. (for me at least)

dirt rules
    Bunnyhops are what I'm real good at, abubacas are cool too. And riding fakie. And squeakers! <--- most of you won't know what that is....

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    xups wallrides one and no handers, 180s 3's no handed landings, disasters abubacas, fufanus, 360 tailtaps etc

Local Paperboy Hero
    Nac-nacs are my favorites. Not sure why. I guess it's just the feeling of whipping the bike side ways and stretching back that leg. BTW, "nac-nac" is "can-can" spelled backwards.

Nac-Nac4.jpg

USB Rep'n
    180's (not on flat! ), 360's, tuck no hander, no footer, one hander, feebles, abubacas, anything fakie, tables.

working on double peg stalls, no foot can cans (my 11 year old can do these,arggghh!), and maybe a tobaggan (although I'm not feeling that one at all, even in foam)
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    I wanna get tobaggans, I'm one kick in the pants away from getting them. My favorite trick right now would probably be smith grinds. I'm trying to get really comf with smiths so I can start on toothpick hang overs.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by ServeEm
    I wanna get tobaggans, I'm one kick in the pants away from getting them.
    I want to learn them soon, as well. Let's have a tobaggan learning party!! Post your pics as you're getting them...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    I want to learn them soon, as well. Let's have a tobaggan learning party!! Post your pics as you're getting them...
    It's On! I gotta throw my bike together in a couple days. I should have some pics by Monday.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I like to fall and crash from big air unscathed....That's a trick all in itself!

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by ServeEm
    It's On! I gotta throw my bike together in a couple days. I should have some pics by Monday.
    aiight, Im down. If I take a camera tonight, I'll see about snapping a shot or two of the unboggan. warning, it'll be in the foam pit until I get this thing somewhat dialed.

Not sure about you guys but I seem to get uncorrectable nosediveitis. That front end drops all nice and purty but it just don't come back on up. Deah on a ramp!

eh-nay Ityopia!

destructionismyobjective
    What is an abubaca?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterrider
    What is an abubaca?

mtbr member
    how do you learn abubacas?

i can bunny hop almost 2 feet and can manual for 100s of feet, but i don't know how to go about trying abubacas..

also, how do you get past 180s on flat to 360s on djs? is a foam pit the best idea? (i don't know where i could find one tho...)

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by coldawg
    how do you learn abubacas?

i can bunny hop almost 2 feet and can manual for 100s of feet, but i don't know how to go about trying abubacas..

also, how do you get past 180s on flat to 360s on djs? is a foam pit the best idea? (i don't know where i could find one tho...)
    hmmm, abubacas really aren't that bad. I'd start doing them on smallish ramps where you can pretty much just ride to the lip. do that and when you get there, lock the rear, get your weight in about the same position as a manual, hold it a second or so then pull the rear, then the front back into the tranny fakie, half cab out and ride away.

as for 3's, I really don't like foam pits. I think they give a fairly false sense of confidence (I know, I mentioned above that I want to try one for a tobaggan but I may not, just have to see how Im feeling first). Anyway, for a 3, you really don't have to spin that hard if you are boosting off a lip. I tend to overspin them a bit sometimes and have to make a mental effort to slow my spin down. Its a really different move than a flat 180 and differnt still (mentally) on dubs vs a predictable box jump. Start em on a tabletop with a nice lip. Just boost off the lip, turn the bars, and keep looking over your shoulder for the landing. The key is not to stop looking. Once you do, you stop spinning and landing 270 after boosting a lip starts to hurt after a while.

eh-nay Ityopia!

AW_
    locked - time out
    I like to skid a lot.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    mad smooth hucks
    Last edited by aggiebiker; 11-14-2006 at 08:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    Bunnyhops are what I'm real good at, abubacas are cool too. And riding fakie. And squeakers! <--- most of you won't know what that is....
    As an avid [BMX] flatlander, I am trying to picture how in the hell you would go about doing a squeaker on a MTB.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    x ups and one handers.. seeing as those are the only 2 tricks i can pull ... working on tables but i just cant get the bike up.. also up next are suicide no handers.

mtbr member
    tables are a ***** to me too. I can get the bike up, and somewhat flat but I think I need to turn my bars inward more to get it perfectly flat. the turning of the bars screws with my head. I can do xups and I've done bars spins on step ups but can't turn em on tables

h-town hucker
    how bout the Dead Man Sailor. also turn bars, x-ups, whips

im fxin to begin on another bagfull of tricks.

Biker for Life
    i like to shoot ledges (i just got that today) i am trying to get a full 180, righ now i am about 170 and it is annoying me because my friend has it down and i dont
    afk irl

I post too much.
    Any trick, so long as it's on two wheels.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I don't really have a favorite, but it's really fun to ride no-handed bar-rides on the sidewalk down Michigan Ave in Chicago weaving in and out of people.

For those that don't know bar-rides are where you sit on the bars like someone was giving you a ride on the handle bars, but no one is.

I like to act like someone was giving me a ride then jumped off, all out of control and stuff.
    HB - The God Damn Flying Dutchman
    Chicago Freeride
    Elgin, IL

Irritating.
    Mar 2004
    Cheap ones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast