mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Easy way to give bike a fresh feel? (get new ...?)

I got a 2006 P3 that i just had to replace the bottom bracket and a one of the crank arms.

Theres nothing worse than having to put money into bikes/cars only to have it be back to the way its *supposed* to be. Like when the auto mechanic tells me i need to replace the calipers on my break system. A couple hundred dollars later and the car drives exactly the same.

So given the beginning of summer and already put about 100$ into the bike, I wanted to treat myself to something a little more fun.

The bike is in good condition but has taken some abuse, nearly anything could benefit from being replaced or retuned.
    I was thinking maybe even something as simple as new grips or a new seat. A new fork or new wheels would be awesome but i dont really need those enough to justify the cost.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Grips, seat, pedals (new pastic ones are cheap, work decent and come in tons of colors)
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

The Unaffiliated
    Oct 2009
    I agree with ronnyg on grips for sure. Pedals and seat if they are worn. How about some fresh rubber on your tires? Got any suspension that could use some fresh oil?

Once a year or so I overhaul or replace every bearing on my bikes. Not many on DJ bikes though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    new tires is not a bad call actually... they are fairly worn, any recommendations for a city/light trail riding? something good for 70% city, 30% trail

i think that and grips would be fun enough for me

*B*
    mtbr member
    If you want to FEEL the changes, money is well spent on dropping rolling resistance, and dropping weight. Keep an eye for deals on craigslist and such. A different bar and stem can really bring a new feel to your bike as well

mtbr member
    I gotta say that replacing my slippy stock grips with a pair of lock ons made my bike feel like a different bike. Changing the color helped, too.
    --NC
    2008 Kona Cowan // 2005 Kona Cowan // 2009 Giant Modem // 2009 department store IronHorse // 1970s Schwinn roadie