• 07-08-2011
    zx12rider
    Eastern Nighttrain Wheelset?
    Any opinions on these wheels? Thinking about picking up a set, i mostly ride park and urban. i figure if the wheels off my scrap held help, the easterns should be even better
  • 07-08-2011
    sasquatch rides a SS
    What year Nighttrain are you referring to?
  • 07-11-2011
    jmmorath
    My 24" 2007 has Sun Rims S-Type rims and Eastern hubs. They are likely Eastern hubs on yours which I have really liked; they spins for days and I have had no maintenance issues at all over the years. Rims are probably something else. The S-types are pretty bomber but heavy.
  • 07-11-2011
    zx12rider
    gonna order the ones off Jenson with the 12t driver and 20mm thru front
  • 07-11-2011
    East Bay Rich
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zx12rider View Post
    gonna order the ones off Jenson with the 12t driver and 20mm thru front

don't forget- front has no braking surface or disc mounts. weight seems similar to transition revolution 32s
  • 07-12-2011
    zx12rider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by East Bay Rich View Post
    don't forget- front has no braking surface or disc mounts. weight seems similar to transition revolution 32s

i know, no fronts for me anyways. To bad they dont offer shocks without tabs
  • 07-12-2011
    Hoka Hey
    I have a nearly new set off of my Nightrain 2010 that I am willing to sell. 20mm front with disk brake mount and left hand drive 12mm rear. Make an offer
  • 07-13-2011
    zx12rider
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoka Hey View Post
    I have a nearly new set off of my Nightrain 2010 that I am willing to sell. 20mm front with disk brake mount and left hand drive 12mm rear. Make an offer

already ordered a set man, plus i need a 10mm rear
  • 07-30-2011
    ksquared
    i dont trust eastern, bought the eastern harvester frame a couple years ago and it snapped at the DT/BB weld after just a year. maybe their mtb stuff is better but i doubt it
  • 07-30-2011
    briantortilla
    I have the exact same Eastern wheelset on my 2009 nighttrain and they have held up very well. In two years of riding nearly every day I have only had to have the rear rim trued once. My only complaint is that the rear hub skips occasionally but not often enough to really bother me. Maybe once every two to three hours. They are a great buy. As for the comment above mine, Eastern's mtb stuff is much higher quality than their bmx suff. My nighttrain frame has taken quite a beating and still has no cracks or bends.
  • 07-31-2011
    bisicklay
    I agree with the above tortilla: Eastern's mtb framing is cryptocrystalline solid. Though, I've never jumped their bmx--only little street stuff.
  • 08-03-2011
    rogbie
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ksquared View Post
    i dont trust eastern, bought the eastern harvester frame a couple years ago and it snapped at the DT/BB weld after just a year. maybe their mtb stuff is better but i doubt it

Did you try their warranty department? Most of their frames have lifetime warranties. My 2007 Nighttrain cracked where the chainstays met the wishbone and Eastern replaced in within a week. A note: the 2011 NT has a monocoque chainstay and is legit!

As for their wheels... they tend to be heavy.