mtbr member
    Sep 2008

eastern night train or specialized p1 cromo

I am looking to get a dj hardtail. I have been bmxing for years and I am wondering if you all would recommend going with the eastern night train or the specialized p1 cromo. any comments you have would be great. thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by virginhucker
    I am looking to get a dj hardtail. I have been bmxing for years and I am wondering if you all would recommend going with the eastern night train or the specialized p1 cromo. any comments you have would be great. thanks.
    p1's are known for having a low-ish bottom bracket. (11.8"). it just depends whether you like the feel or not. if you want a high stance and snappy bmx feel, you'll want the Nighttrain or a Blackmarket Riot complete.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    eastern you wont regret it.
    I don't have a funny sig yet.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Night train...Better components and a way better frame.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I had an 08 P1 for 6 months and loved it. Low bottom bracket wasn'ta big deal. I'm on a Spank now and and actually liked the geometry and feel of the P1 slightly better, it didn't feel like an awkward 26er trying to be a 20". It didn't feel as cramped (I'm only 5'8''). Downside is the P1 was super heavy! The rims and hubs on it were pretty much garbage too. They were about as solid as some well built xc wheels. All in all, if I had it do over again I would rather of gone with a Night Train for sure.