Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Downtown S.F. streetride let's get one started !

Well now that the weather is super nice out I wanted to get a big wheels street session orginized .

I was thinking of the night Sat Oct 7
    meet around 7:00 downtown around the Embarcadaro center ?

a few of us might be going to dinner at Citrus Club ( on Height , not exspensive $10 for 1 person no beers ) before we go ride , so if your down RSVP so we can let them know how many of us will be there .

Keep checking this thread for updates !!

Let's see how many people we can get together for a big MTB street session !!

Feel free to email me with any questions or suggestions at
    Brad at NEMESISPROJECT.COM

So Here's the list of everyone who's comming from what I can gather from the threads on MTBR , RideMonkey and MSDHW
    Please excuse me if I don't know all of your real names .. I'll list under screen names and real names below if possible and try to keep this thread updated .

Brad AKA Evil4bc / Nemesis Project

Dos AKA Barnes / SCUrban

BigHit8989

OBI ( pending doc's approval get weel soon man )

BasikBiker and Alex ( driving up from Monteray ? )

Candyman77

PBR

Mr. Pimental AKA Pancho64 .. rocking is Nemesis tuned 66

MonkeyBoy424 ( driving down fron RENO to hit up the session)

FIDDY RIDER ( ?? might drive up from Hollywood ! )

StratGuy1518 ( might make it out on his 20" or rock the Sunday )

STR8NOOBYO

SERVE-EM +1

FAST14Riot

Stephan and the S.F crew might also make an apearence , but they have a tentitive Downineevill weekend planned
    Last edited by Evil4bc; 09-13-2006 at 10:08 AM.
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

nOOb now rOOkie
    wow this sounds sweet, im going to see what i can do about my work but im down. Im from Vacaville so its like 40mins away

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8NoobYo
    wow this sounds sweet, im going to see what i can do about my work but im down. Im from Vacaville so its like 40mins away
    Let's try to get the date figured out in the nex few weeks so eveyone can make plans to come out and RIDE !!

I'm driving down from Sacramento so your 40min drive sounds easy

A few of us might also go out to dinner ( Citrus club = best noodles in S.F. ) before we meet up to ride ?
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

I post too much.
    I would, but I'm a good way from sf.

nOOb now rOOkie
    where in sac are you from? my gf lives in folsom im in sac a few days out of the week.

mtbr member
    Looking like it's going to happen on Saturday Oct 7th !!
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm about half an hour away (Palo Alto), but my parents probably wouldn't let me come.
    Plus i'd need a ride back home.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghavan
    I'm about half an hour away (Palo Alto), but my parents probably wouldn't let me come.
    Plus i'd need a ride back home.

I was thinking of planning another one at Stanford if this first attempt goes well .
    The city's just fun to roll through fith a whole bunch of people at night .
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Me and a buddy should be game to go. I'll hit him up tonight and work out the date with the wifie. I take it Oct 7th is the set date then? BTW, everyone's bringing the mtn bikes? No 20's?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    I was thinking of planning another one at Stanford if this first attempt goes well .
    The city's just fun to roll through fith a whole bunch of people at night .
    If it was at Stanford during the summer, I'd just bike there. I'm about 10 minute bike ride away.
    I've always wanted to bike through S.F at night though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ServeEm
    Me and a buddy should be game to go. I'll hit him up tonight and work out the date with the wifie. I take it Oct 7th is the set date then? BTW, everyone's bringing the mtn bikes? No 20's?

YUP all MTB session ... some 24's some 26's we dont discrinate .

I might have my new bike put together by then too !!

Ok SATURDAY OCT 7th ... let's go tear up the city !!
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    I'll bring my 26". It's not really ready for street riding, still set up for Dj'n. Might have another I can bring that's set up for street.

Stanford?? I thought that place is crawling with fuzz trying to arrest you for riding?

Premium Member
    O/T but can you give us any info on your new bike or is it classified.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojai Bicyclist
    O/T but can you give us any info on your new bike or is it classified.

O.K. I'll let a few bit's of info out ... It's going to be a new 07" StreetFighter prototype ..... parts include custom-made 24" Industry-9 wheelset, rims powder coated to match the frame , spokes anodized to match the parts ... custom machined TREE sprocket machined to fit a 9spd Dura-Ace chain at TREE's machine shop and a few other neat surprises

I think the only things that are going to stay the same.... ..( IE: all new parts, I'm not taking my old bike apart at all) from the current bike I'm riding are the tires , brakes , grips , seat and the top-tube that I use building the frame ... every other part including some of the drawn tubes we use to make the bikes are either lighter , pimper or going to be designed by me so pretty much 80% of this bike will be totally ONE-OFF 100% custom built can't buy it in stores prototypes built for this bike !

The new MTX / SlopeStizzle prototypes is going to be even crazier
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'll bring my 26". It's not really ready for street riding, still set up for Dj'n. Might have another I can bring that's set up for street.

Stanford?? I thought that place is crawling with fuzz trying to arrest you for riding?
    No, we've been riding there a lot. Most of the people are on bikes. One lady did get pissed at us for jumping stairs all the time, but whatever.

They can't arrest you just yet, but they can ask you to leave and give you a stern talking to. They're changing the law so that trick oriented MTBing will be a misdemeanor arrest, just like skateboarding, but it's not on the books yet (or it wasn't two weeks ago).

I've ridden Stanford plenty, and as long as you keep your wits about you and a sharp eye out, you can avoid confrontations. I've never had one, but I know plenty of people who have. You just can't stay in one area too long.

It's really lame, but the cops assume that all bikers are causing trouble. Especially the younger Asian cop named Mike. I think he's still a rookie and trying to show that he can really crack down on those parking violations and rogue cyclists.

If anyone's riding Stanford before the end of the month let me know and I'll see if I can make it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    No cop has ever talked to me... They don't really care.

I like bikes!!!
    Are complete rookies invited?! I havn't ridden in the City in years and have never ridden urban/street there. I would be coming from Stockton so if there is anyone who would be interested in maybe carpooling from the valley or taking Bart from Dublin feel free to hit me up. I have a Tahoe so I can take a few bikes and riders no problem.

Cheers-
    RIOT!-

I'm big in Japan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeMk
    They can't arrest you just yet, but they can ask you to leave and give you a stern talking to. They're changing the law so that trick oriented MTBing will be a misdemeanor arrest, just like skateboarding, but it's not on the books yet (or it wasn't two weeks ago).

I've ridden Stanford plenty, and as long as you keep your wits about you and a sharp eye out, you can avoid confrontations. I've never had one, but I know plenty of people who have. You just can't stay in one area too long.

It's really lame, but the cops assume that all bikers are causing trouble. Especially the younger Asian cop named Mike. I think he's still a rookie and trying to show that he can really crack down on those parking violations and rogue cyclists.

If anyone's riding Stanford before the end of the month let me know and I'll see if I can make it.

I usually go to Stanford on Sundays after 5:00PM minimal security if any working that late on a Sunday ! I've never been hasseled but I don't stop and hang out when I'm riding that place . Just hit my runs and go , plus I have a ' A ' Parking permit for Stanford so the .:R32 get's rock star parking
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fast14riot
    Are complete rookies invited?! I havn't ridden in the City in years and have never ridden urban/street there. I would be coming from Stockton so if there is anyone who would be interested in maybe carpooling from the valley or taking Bart from Dublin feel free to hit me up. I have a Tahoe so I can take a few bikes and riders no problem.

Cheers-
    Everyone is more than welcom to come out and ride !

NOTE to everybody : This is S.F. at night ! please keep your wits about you and remember this is the big city and crazy Sh!t happens wether you want it too or not so be prepared . I prefer to go the Ninja route and just not be seen , some other like to bring lights and such .
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    wow, soudns fun...make sure to take lots of pictures so everyone else on the forum can feel part of the ride!

and id be fighting that no biiking law like a mother fvcker if i were you

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by free rider
    wow, soudns fun...make sure to take lots of pictures so everyone else on the forum can feel part of the ride!

and id be fighting that no biiking law like a mother fvcker if i were you

YEA my profeshinal photgrapher buddy Steve Canalie will be tagging along so we will have some pretty good pic's to post up after the ride !!

Even if they do inforce the no bikeing law at Stanford I'm still going to ride there ... mkae the ride more interesting when you have to play cat and mouse with the cops between spots !! Stanford is pretty easy to ditch people in also .. really big with lots of places to hide ... LOL
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    YEA my profeshinal photgrapher buddy Steve Canalie will be tagging along so we will have some pretty good pic's to post up after the ride !!

Even if they do inforce the no bikeing law at Stanford I'm still going to ride there ... mkae the ride more interesting when you have to play cat and mouse with the cops between spots !! Stanford is pretty easy to ditch people in also .. really big with lots of places to hide ... LOL
    haha, i have never had a cop chase me for riding before....it sucks because the court house has the best urban in edmonton....i only got kicked out...twice

mtbr member
    my parent wont let me, im 14 this is were i wish i was older cuse it sound sick, but i also dont wont to grow up, taxes and all that money stuff . I also wont one of those damm nice nemis, wick wick. do u make any with gears in the back?? thats the one thing i want on a street/dj bike, alos want it for trials

also just noticed post on msdhw, your get one heck big ride going

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by paintballeerXC
    I also wont one of those damm nice nemesis, wick wick. do u make any with gears in the back?? thats the one thing i want on a street/dj bike, alos want it for trials

also just noticed post on msdhw, your get one heck big ride going

YES trying to make this a pretty big ride .. the more people the more fun we can have !!

YES we make a few differnt NemesisProject bikes with gears !
    Both the Streetfighter and the Secrect Agent have one piece dropouts with intigrated derailer hangers

Here's a pic of the dropout

Here's a pic of a complete RAW SA I found online
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast