14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Transition Double

1 7.14%
  • Transition Bottle Rocket

13 92.86%
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

to double or rocket?

Okay I'm wonderin if I should get a Transition double or a Transition bottle rocket. I ride for traansportation, shair lifts, urban/park, and some northshore style trails. lemme know

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    It depends. If you do lots of dj's and stuff like that at resorts and stuff, then I'd go with the Double. If you're more into slopestyle and dh stuff along with northshore stuff then I'd go with the Rocket. Honestly, I'd go with the Rocket. It looks much more beefed up, and the Double to me looks like a play-bikey to me, or at least that's what I'd use it for. And for transportation, both look like stiff bikes but neither of them are going to perform very well in terms of how much power it takes to move the bike. So in conclusion, I'd go with the Rocket due to its burly frame, excellent geo, and good versatility. Hope this helps.

Premium Member
    Rocket. Way more versatile. The Double is pretty much DJ-only. And who needs a fully for true DJs? That's what hardtails are for.

I post too much.
    I see the use for the double on a 4x track or on HUGE dirt jumps where a little forgiveness can always help.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    I .... a little forgiveness can always help.

or for hacks like me

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The rocket just seems to be an awesome bike. The more I hear about it the more people say it can do. ALthough I don't think either I really suited for urban or park. If you don't have to have full suspension I think Transitions Vagrant would be perfect. Check it out.

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/Vagrant.cfm

To "Air" Is Human
    The Bottle Rocket is a more versatile. One of our mechanics is looking at the double but is rethinking that because he has experienced how quickly a play bike’s fun wears off when you are using them for transportation or out of their element.

mtbr member
    Seems like you'd be better off buying a cheap urban/dj specific bike for transportation and park. Rather than trying to make one bike do it all.