Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

dobermann pinscher or blk mrkt mob??

gonna order a frame next week and was wondering which i should get? the geo is almost the same. also im about 6'2"-6'1" what top tube should i get i normally ride a 21-21.25 on a 20".
    Orange Blk Mrkt mob- rigid fork
    Flat Green met Kona-x-fusion velour 100mm
    PBR Transition BR- fox float 160mm/fox dhx air

Bikes Rule
    Would you happen to be rolln26s from Pinkbike?? LOL.

If so you already know my response! Mob.. ...

i like rocks
    can't go wrong with either.
    Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    May 2008
    It's a win win. Which do you see less of?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo-9
    Would you happen to be rolln26s from Pinkbike?? LOL.

If so you already know my response! Mob.. ...
    yeah

I thought id ask here cause I was looking for more of an unbiased answer. I started to notice all the people from canada were telling me to go dobermann.Theres nothing wrong with with being a little patriotic but I didnt want people recommending a bike over another just cause of where its made. dont get me wrong its not that i dont think its not a good product but there was more than one answer that was "they are made right here in canada" well the mobs are made right here in the usa. so I have some figuring to do cause either way im getting a good product! I will admit being able to get custom colors on the dob is a nice option.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by euroford
    can't go wrong with either.

did u lower the forks that are on your mob?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JGill
    It's a win win. Which do you see less of?
    probably the dob cause their not made here. and most people just wont go and buy a frame out of the country( but its actually not that bad). I have been mind f'ing this for over two weeks now.I finally have the bread to buy and am just trying to figure it out. the dob uses a conventional head set and seat clamp the mob has both of those intergrated. the chain stays are pretty dam close the head tube angle is the same and the seat tube has a diff of 1 degree just waiting to see what the difference is on bottom bracket height.another site im on i was looking at the dobs and there were a few pics of broken down tubes, and a few pics of bubbling paint which i think is fixed now. but i coundnt find any pics of broken mobs.

Is flexy
    Doesn't the MOB use nicer tubing?

The tubing on the M.B.F. seems a little more on par with the MOB but the cs are longer and I could also be wrong about the tubing.

the Molosse seesms like it is a step up in the tube department from the Pinscher but hasthe same geo.

All the dobermann frames are heavier too.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    Doesn't the MOB use nicer tubing?

The tubing on the M.B.F. seems a little more on par with the MOB but the cs are longer and I could also be wrong about the tubing.

the Molosse seesms like it is a step up in the tube department from the Pinscher but hasthe same geo.

All the dobermann frames are heavier too.
    the 09 molosse is sick its down to 5lbs. but will ONLY come with v-brake mounts and have 14mm axle slots. so that kinda ruled it out cause i want to buy a pre-built wheel set and finding 14mm in 26" done will not be easy. plus than i have to run v-brakes which if i was riding a 24 or 20" would be okay but im looking to go 26".

Is flexy
    Quote Originally Posted by norcaldj
    the 09 molosse is sick its down to 5lbs. but will ONLY come with v-brake mounts and have 14mm axle slots. so that kinda ruled it out cause i want to buy a pre-built wheel set and finding 14mm in 26" done will not be easy. plus than i have to run v-brakes which if i was riding a 24 or 20" would be okay but im looking to go 26".
    All valid points. 14mm v brake only is certainly not the way I would want to be going either.

Mob is looking like a better overall choice. I'm dying to pick up a mob frame myself and the handbuilt in the us thing is a nice touch too.

America Fvck yeah
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

Bikes Rule
    Well just like I mentioned on p-bike, I like the Mob better than the Pinscher. It has a better tubeset. The difference from straight guage tubing to butted is a big difference IMO. That alone is reason enough.

mtbr member
    njhcx4xlife your hilarious for getting that vid. yeah i think i will just stick with the original plan and get one of the new 09 mobs.

mtbr member
    forgot to ask whats everyones height and what length top tube are u using? and does it feel too short or long?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm about 6' on a 21.5 (i think) 357 and now Im beginning to wish i had gone with the 21 but coming over from xc it felt about right.

i like rocks
    did u lower the forks that are on your mob?
    yuppers. fox forks's rock da house. floats are lowerable easy as pie, can even get the parts (like all $8 worth) right from them.

forgot to ask whats everyones height and what length top tube are u using? and does it feel too short or long?
    5'11"ish and it feels just right on the 21.5. all nice and tight and bmxish.

also, i really don't think the pinscher is straight guage. just not the fancy supertherm. still a -*****in- bike. in overall quality, sort of halfway between a mob and a riot.
    Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcc55
    I'm about 6' on a 21.5 (i think) 357 and now Im beginning to wish i had gone with the 21 but coming over from xc it felt about right.

they make a 21.5 , 22 , 22.5. so your wishing u went smaller?

I post too much.
    Personally I'd go Dobermann, because I rode one and it felt awesome, custom colours is awesome too, your bike can be rather unique that way.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    lol, so maybe I have the 22.5, all i know is the site that I ordered it from listed two options and i picked the bigger of the two. how do I measure?
    Last edited by cjcc55; 09-27-2008 at 03:53 PM.

i like rocks
    todays mountaincross finals was doberman vs. mob.

mob won
    Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    todays mountaincross finals was doberman vs. mob.

mob won

this is mostly going to be a street/park bike with some dirtjumping. lets see how they do this weekend at the street riding contest in vegas. btw i may actually get the chance to ride both!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcc55
    lol, so maybe I have the 22.5, all i know is the site that I ordered it from listed two options and i picked the bigger of the two. how do I measure?
    most manufactures measure from center of the steer tube to center of seat tube.

What are you looking at?
    this is mostly going to be a street/park bike with some dirtjumping. lets see how they do this weekend at the street riding contest in vegas. btw i may actually get the chance to ride both!
    I would suggest the Pinscher. I've ridden a Riot and its geometery seemed to be perfect for djs but it kind of felt difficult to bunny hop, and just throw around for me. My Pinscher on the other hand, just feels perfect for anything street and park, and it's easy to flick and spin, and if feels fine on the few djs that I actually do.
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

mtbr member
    well i actually had a chance to ride both and to be honest the pinscher felt a little better it was easier to bunnyhop and to manual.the mob i rode felt great no doubt its a good bike but i did like the way the pinscher felt it seemed to be just a hair more dialed in!i think im going to give the dob a shot if i can get in touch with those guys for what ever reason my phone is not allowing me to call canada. and if i cant get through in the next day or two ill just order me a mob.thanx for your help everyone.

i like rocks
    now i haven't checked out the exact numbers, but having some experience with both, i gotta tell ya that geo of the two bikes is so damn near close that the individual parts are going to make a far bigger difference in feel than anything to do with the frame.
    Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    now i haven't checked out the exact numbers, but having some experience with both, i gotta tell ya that geo of the two bikes is so damn near close that the individual parts are going to make a far bigger difference in feel than anything to do with the frame.

like i said the dob felt just a smidge more dialed and both the bikes i rode were pretty close to the same. but i talked to alain today at dob and the std pinscher is $525 cad which us and cad money are almost an even exchange. but he told me since there are no us dealers if u want one in the states u buy factory direct. and for those of us in the states he throws in FREE custom paint which is a ($100 option) FREE custom serial numerber ($20 option) and FREE shipping what ever that is from cad to california. so the frame cost $525 now my concern was weight even though 5.5lbs is still pretty light but for $100 hes going to upgrade the tubing to the super therm double butted stuff and also make the breath holes slightly bigger to relieve some more material. so now the frame has lost a little more weight and is $625 shipped to my door with the custom color and serial number. where as im looking at the mob and its 599.99 plus since i live in ca. i would have to pay tax which i think in santa anna is like 8% and then shipping. just frame and tax is $650 ish plus shipping. so u guys tell me what u would do? dont get me wrong the mob is a sick and super nice product. it rides great! but as we all know this sport is all about preference and once i have a dob put together if i dont like it for some reason. im sure somebody would be more than willing to buy it at a discounted price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast