Thread: DK xenia

mtbr member

DK xenia

Anyone have one of these? Care to share a ride report or any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I got one, all in all it was just what I was looking for. Let me break it down for you like this...if you want a bad ass park bike...dont get it....DJ...dont get it...trails...dont get it...if you want something that can do a little bit of everything, get it. I love the versatility of this bike. It's kind of heavy, but bomb proof. I would replace the freewheel pronto (its like a 30 dollar upgrade) because the one that comes on it sucks. I like that I can raise the seat and cruising around town is very manageable. I can drop it and just do some urban FR stuff (not anything crazy just small jumps and little tricks). For me, on a budget, looking for something bomb proof, low maintenance, it was the perfect ticket. To many others though they didn't really care for it. PM me if you wanna know any more, I really did my research on the bike before purchasing.

mtbr member
    My friend has one. Pretty sweet bike for the $$. I'm not a fan of the fork but you aren't going to get a good fork at that pricepoint.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

i have

i just built one up last friday. i just got the frame from dk, i did not buy the complete. i reccomend it, it is a bit heavy. i'll give you my thoughts on it when i get back from rays this thursday.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

meh

its okay, after riding rays i realise its a bit long for my liking, and its kind of tall.but it deifinitly can take a beatin'

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    yeah...I think many people come under the assumption that since it is made by a BMX company it is going to feel like a BMX. It's seat tube and top tube are much longer than most people expect. While this does not make for the park or urban FR bike that most people expect it to be, I think it is a pretty good do-all bike. If you are looking for something like that, try something with a little more stand over.

www.ntxbmx.com
    Jun 2005
    I had one for a while, and kind of miss it, but if your 5'8" or shorter (I'm shorter) the the top tube may be alittle long to be really comfortable in the park, or DJ. The bike is an awesome trail bike for and handles well, and is even good off large dirt jumps, but if your short its difficult to ride it well on really technical jumps. Thats the reason I'm not riding a 20" in the park, street, and trails.

I still miss the Xenia though.
    www.ntxbmx.com North Texas BMX