Thread: DJ's In Iowa?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

DJ's In Iowa?

Hey all, I'm really wanting to find some DJs in Iowa so I can do some jumping. Currently I'm going to school in Ames at Iowa State and I know of the ones out by the stadium. Actual home for me is in Charles City in case there is anything up that way too. Does anybody know of anything good in the state? I'd be willing to travel to get some decent jumping in.
    Bikes represent the mentality that the world is a place meant to be explored and enjoyed

Pro Crastinator
    most good spots are by invite only, so unless you have something to offer, your search will be pretty much useless...

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    check the great plains forum down in the regional list below, cedar falls has built some public jumps.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Awesome! I live in Charles City, so that's only about a 40 minute drive for me to go check it out.
    Bikes represent the mentality that the world is a place meant to be explored and enjoyed

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    we had a sweet session in Cedar Falls on wednesday http://www.vimeo.com/4304579

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Very nice! Those look like some pretty decent jumps. Anything smaller that a newb like me could start out on? I gotta make it that way once classes are done.

Pro Crastinator
    if you need anything smaller than the little jumps there, you probably shouldn't even be riding a bike...

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    if you need anything smaller than the little jumps there, you probably shouldn't even be riding a bike...
    You know what you're right. Though I've never done dj before and I've only been riding urban for a few months giving what campus has to offer such as 5 foot drops (probably nothing to you) and riding down stairsets (again probably nothing to you), I think I'll just quit riding. 2009 Giant STP SS for sale $500 or OBO. I really appreciate your input and what you think, because I'm sure you're the mostest bestest rider around. Once again, thank you for your awesome advice, jackass.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    yeah, theres a beginner line there too to get started on