DJ for Trail riding

Printable View

• 01-14-2013
    rcast0828
    DJ for Trail riding
    Hello guys, Im currently riding a full suspension giant and am looking for somthing diffrent, the first bike i rode on was a canondale f5 and from that i switched to the Giant Yukon i have now. ive been doing some looking around and have been looking at the dj bikes, ive wanted to have a single sped bike for some time now and was wondering if, with maybe some changes to gearing or whatever may be needed, the DJ bikes would be a good bike for trails, i live in florida and we have techincal trails with some straight sections and uphills downhills i fell its a rather good mix of obsetcals
  • 01-15-2013
    cmc4130
  • 01-20-2013
    drinkwat
    Santa cruz chameleon. Can do a little of everything.
  • 02-05-2013
    AnthonyPaul
    I have never ride these types of bike but wanted to ride can you please give more information from which bike i should start.
  • 02-09-2013
    echo24
    i would first go to your LBS and test a few out. there are a few different options with certain series of frames, which is mainly rigid or suspension fork. i personally like a suspension fork on djs but i have been running a rigid for some time now.

you can always test out say a p series bike and go from there. most dj frames feel the same to me so i go for the frames that are a stronger material and have a shorter chainstay
  • 02-11-2013
    AnthonyPaul
    Thanks for giving such good information i will definitely go and try it and what are the things a newcomer should keep in mind .
  • 03-05-2013
    airmiller44
    I trail ride my Dj bike all the time, just stand and crank!