mtbr member
    Oct 2011

DJ for street/commuter with some jumps.

Well looked around, really wouldn't mind grabbing one but not seeing a great deal that fit into that category really only the Kona Shred and the SC Chameleon, would any other bikes fit into this category? Looking for something to cruise around town some bunny hopes jumps wheelies nothing major just the fun stuff I use to do as a kid but in a 26 inch tire model without the seat hella low so I could sit.

mtbr member
    You could consider a 26" BMX like the Volume Sledgehammer or SE Racing OM Flyer. I used to commute on an OM Flyer and it was a lot of fun. It was fast, agile, and fun to hop around on.

Otherwise, really any older MTB DJ bike (early to mid 2000s) tends toward a more all around geo like the Shred or Chameleon so would fit for what you want: larger and long so not uncomfortable to ride and to sit on. And finding a used one is easy and cheap.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    yeah you might be right, looking around on a few sites but not seeing much for older MTB DJ bikes in my area. Might have to just grab a shred or cham, maybe a p2. Can I just just toss a longer seatpost on one and get the more or less same effect? My ass is old I don't want to stand to pedal all the time haah.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    oops wrong thread sorry

mtbr member
    I have a 2005 KHS DJ 200 "small" frame, the seat tube is taller than the newer DJ bikes, at 5'9" I can raise my 350 mm (14") seat post more than high enough to get an XC feel, but now I just drive to the jumps. I could do the same with my 2008 Azonic Steelhead frame too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I use a 2004 Kona Cowan for this purpose. I keep the seat low, but even then it's still comfortable enough to cruise around the city. It's been converted to single speed so it's tons of fun.

mtbr member
    Se Bikes Filth Flyer Bike 2009 > Complete Bikes > Mountain Bikes | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

This is the bike I use for that purpose.... considerably less than I paid too