Cheesiest

DJ Park Insurance...

I'm looking for advice from anyone who has been involved in getting a city DJ/Bike Skills park started. Myself and a few other individuals are working with the Recreation Manager of Missoula, MT to start a DJ Park (We already have a Kayak and a Skate Park). The next step in the process is to find insurance. We are trying to get information about how different parks are insured.

Any advice would be great!
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    why do you need inswurance? don't you just put up signs that say it's the rider's own liability?

tuck-n-roll master
    Quote Originally Posted by intheways
    I'm looking for advice from anyone who has been involved in getting a city DJ/Bike Skills park started. Myself and a few other individuals are working with the Recreation Manager of Missoula, MT to start a DJ Park (We already have a Kayak and a Skate Park). The next step in the process is to find insurance. We are trying to get information about how different parks are insured.

I have no personal experience, only 1337 google skills. http://www.imba.com/resources/trail_...ride_park.html
    Number 7 is what you're looking for. The rest isn't bad either.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghavan
    why do you need inswurance? don't you just put up signs that say it's the rider's own liability?
    People will still sue. And lawyers will be lined up to represent them. Welcome to America....where it's always somebody elses fault.

h-town hucker
    Quote Originally Posted by intheways

don't you have insurance for your other parks??? why not use that same einsurance??

Cheesiest
    pavement_hurts-

Thanks for the advice. Our local mountain bike group has insurance, but I need to check on if it can cover a city park.

sandyP1-

I'm not really sure what the process is, but according to our Rec Manager, the insurance company won't just add other parks to the policy. We need to justify a certain level of safety. One way to do that is to look at other parks.

Thanks
    "Paved roads...just another example of needless government spending"—paraphrased from rhino_adv