mtbr member

Dirt Jumps!?(Pics!)

So, I was riding park for quite a while...but I was dieing to hit these dirt jumps I knew were near me. For sure biggest I have ever rode..

Started off by having the day of school. We(3 of us) figured ok! We will ride to the jumps(bout 30 mins, give or take) and then ride the jumps, and call for a ride home..well, that plan changed. We chose a beautiful day, but one of the windiest days..ever. Now what? Take the bus! One of us backed out..he went to the park(lame). So, the other 2, me and my friend Chris hopped on the bus(bikes too!) and went to the dirt jumps. Originally, we didn't know we could take a bus..that would go right to where we need to be, but we looked it up, and sure enough, bus number 16!

We arrived to the jumps in a solid 15 minutes(had to transfer buses). Took us roughly 5 mins to find the trail that lead into them...and whoa! We had no words to explain what we just saw. We come from a realitively basic jump(will post a pic), so this was new to us.

Some background: All hand dug. Every last bit. Some jumps easily taller than me(5'11) with landings being bigger. It was such a beautiful sight, we didn't ride for the first 20 mins, we walked them to get a feel.

Spent most of the day working on the first 2, small jumps(mostly to gather speed to hit the big ones(these jumps are NOT pictured in the pictures)). It is such a different environment compared to what we are use too.

I crashed once. Went right over the bars(first time running the line)...got it out of the way, didn't crash again! Some other kids joined us, so I spent most of the time taking pictures of them..well him, one guy was the jumper. I need practice! whoa!

I know you don't want to read it all, but I made you wait..here's some pics!
    This is what we came from..:

This is where we are now..:

One of the main jumps..all are perfect like this:

So, I think you get the idea. It's been like 5-7 years in the making, I believe...and it's not done. Going to start riding this more, but man I need to practice up.

I will add some more later, of guys who are actually pulling tricks...I just have to upload them.

Note: None of those are of ME riding, all of a friend.

mtbr member
    Thats a nice looking place.

Wish i had something like this back here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Nice setup for sure.

mtbr member
    IT really is a nice run. All though we were the only ones there yesturday, and didn't do much riding, today if we head back out we are digging, since the guy who built all these should be there. Gotta dig to earn our spot!

I'm feeling the side affects from crashing yesturday..but..oh well! It was funny looking

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    That is so badass!

mtbr member
    Yup, its really sick! It's way ahead of where I am right now, in skill level..but I am working on it. I have had the guy who digs them give me some pointers, but he rides a BMX so it's a little different in ride style.

Members who have read this thread: 0