Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    the book was one of the large coffee table hard cover books. I think the name was just BMX or Bicycle motocross. I've slept since then so kinda hard to remember. Joe kid really brought back memories....
    Last edited by crazy Jim; 09-18-2008 at 04:44 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    It's kinda crazy but I'm the youngest one in our crew at 19, the rest are 22 to mid 30's.

To "Air" Is Human
    I have a friend that is good at locating old books. Cool!

Dave Clinton was my Answer rep for 10 years before I saw him in Joe Kid and realized who he was.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by The Agency
    I have a friend that is good at locating old books. Cool!

Dave Clinton was my Answer rep for 10 years before I saw him in Joe Kid and realized who he was.
    post up if you find it. had to be copy written 1970-71 or so..

mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Old isn't dead :) But I'm getting there!

Quote Originally Posted by Plats View Post
    I recently bought a DJ bike, some people on this site may consider it a poser / inferior bike (its the Specialized P2). I am a beginner but the bike is making me look good cause it jumps so easy, ran it at the local pump track and found the other riders to appreciate the bike instead of hating on it. I am not a stupid man, I understand that DJ'ing is kind of an underground activity that appeals to younger people and they may not want it to turn into a commercialized mainstream activity over-run with posers and hacks. But, what I can say is that the guys I chatted with yesterday were friendly and enthusiastic about my presence there, and my willingness to learn the sport. I guess I expected to be potentially rejected, but I actually found that the DJ set in my city were actually more friendly than the MTB set. Geez, maybe I want it to stay underground myself, now that I think about it. Anyway, next time you see an older guy that seems like a poser at your local DJ park, just give him a chance, he may understand he is kind of out of place, he won't ruin your good time, and he is probably going to do more good for your sport than harm.

I'm 42, and just picked up a p2 and headed for I-Street in SLC, utah. ran into a few people, Christine, Raeshell,Erin and some other guy. All super nice folks and all in their 30's. Erin rides for cannondale i think. I also ran into the ground when I taco'd both my rims on the p2, bent my left pedal/crank, and broke my sternum, 4 ribs, my clavicle, tore my shoulder and made my right leg look like a balloon. New rims are already on order...I upgraded.. To bad I can't upgrade my bones. See you in the air up there!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    WoW! Back from the grave thread this is. I'm still DJing and Freeriding, now 52 years young. Still have the P1 (powder coated white) and hit the Austin trails at least once a year. Have a pretty good scene in Dallas at Big Cedar trails with a couple of gnarley freeride/DH trails and an up and coming DJ park. Good stuff. ride on OG's

mtbr member
    Discovered bikes at 35 when I got into long distance XC exploring. It only took 2.5 years to learn that air time is a TON of fun. Spent most mornings before work this past summer at the local DJ park riding the slopestyle lines. It was typically only myself (38) and a 50 something Russian dude. I've had a big all-mtn bike, so I'm incredibly excited that I'm picking up a sweet Killswitch tomorrow! I can't imagine a better way to begin the new year than flying through the air on a cool sunny day at the bike park!

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45 View Post
    ...I'm only 36....
    you lying old bastard. you've got to be a hundred by now...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3