mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Smile Dirt jumper bike size and model?

Hey guys, i'm interested in purchasing a urban freeride/ dirt jumping bike.. I like in nyc so I think something like that will suit my riding. I'm not sure which model and size to get though, i'm about 5'9.5" 165lbs and trying to keep my budget down. I've browsed through ebay and have found some good bikes with disc brakes and front shock under 500, which is my budget. Any suggestions would be nice..

Thanks

I post too much.
    Disc brakes are not mandatory, and require more maintenance. What bike models did you have in mind?

mtbr member
    for 500 it mite be difficult to find a decent bike that wont break on you...but it is possible. depends on which models you have in mind. try to find something that is single speed and has either disc or V brakes...if you have a lot of trouble with finding something, my main suggestion would be to look into a 24" BMX bike like the 24 DK general Lee. i think you can get those complete bikes for under 300 bucks....thats an insanely good deal. i would say just get that and then use the extra 200 to upgrade anything you want. look at www.danscomp.com for the DK

tuck-n-roll master
    You would most likely want a medium. 500 will get you an almost new bike on ebay from one of the larger bike companies. Specialized p-series, Giant stp, etc... Wait until after Christmas though because from now until then the prices will be inflated. People tend to dump stuff on ebay for great prices after Christmas, plus everyone is broke too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Yikes. We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    So far I'm looking at the Khs DJ 200 and DJ 100, both had pretty good reviews on this site and the price fits my budget. Also thinking about an iron horse yakuza hardtail.