mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    any DJ's in the lincoln/Omaha area?
    ~MY BIKES~
    -Marin Pine Mt.26
    -Giant Boulder

The Real Blade

Secret Secret Spot

Where I ride I never see a trail boss or even other riders. The last track got leveled recently.But there are some new lips at the cliff edge. There is a lower section that the dozers can't get to. There's a triple set of doubles ending with a tabletop. I'm building a big tabletop nearby. One young kid is riding it so that makes me the Trailboss. Wish I had some diggers. It's hard work. I doubt if many other 62 yr olds are doing what I do.I love hitting the jumps and I'm getting better and more confident. No one to ride with because my few friends that ride are XC WWeenies. The solitude is good.Like being the only one out when the waves are good. The info in this forum is great.

Happy shredding :)
    Aug 2011
    If you go there, offer help. If no one is around or they don't need it, ride. If you jack something up, fix it. As far as building new, go for it, f' permission. Just don't add new to the existing trail w/o consulting someone there first, and sure as hell DO NOT remove stuff that's been there longer than you . You litter, we ban you. Questions?

Imo, I ride w/ an entrenching tool on my camel back so it's obvious I bring help with. If some clown came up to me and gave me lip and that "trail boss" crap it'd just be the bird and keep riding/maintaining.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Sweet thread. I guess I was once a trailboss back in my younger dirt jumping days! I grew up on an Air force base and me and my buddies had all sorts of trails in the woods.

FeeRideRules
    Apr 2009
    I started a trail about 5-7 yrs ago with a couple of mates, we only dig every so often over the yrs many kids/teens have come to ride our spot. My mates have moved interstate & I've taken on sole responsibility for up keep & building new jumps. The kids that have come to ride have also brought shovels with them to dig i don't mind one bit as long as they don't try & knock the jump size down to suit their skill level, heck I went out of my way to build some smaller easier stuff to cater for the little kids/wimpy teens/adults lol. I'm always getting thanks from others most say I'm a legend & vice versa I give thanks to those who come dig/ ride.
    if I find that the stuff the kids have built isn't quite right I let them know that they're doing a good job but however, here's some pointers in how to build it properly usually followed by a physical demonstration on how to do it.
    ILIKENORTHSHOREANDICANNOTLIE
    glory, glory hallelujah...

any1 guess what bike I ride?

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dcompton94 View Post
    any DJ's in the lincoln/Omaha area?
    i havnt found any yet, asked many riders and shop owners
    its sad that there is no interest in it around here
    or they dont want to put in the hard work
    WANT TO BUY DARTMOOR FRAME or COMPLETE

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelblade View Post
    It's hard work. I doubt if many other 62 yr olds are doing what I do. I love hitting the jumps and I'm getting better and more confident.
    Respect! Just passed 40 and seriously hope I'm still able to ride and hit jumps at 62.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2