Jesus Freak
    Apr 2004

Different wheel sizes on a DJ

I was pricing a 07 P1 yesterday and the shop I frequent called Specialized with a couple of questions for me.

When he called back he said they still had some 06 models left at a good price. The thing about these is that they have a 24" rear tire and 26" front. After searching around here I saw no one with that setup.

Anyone got an opinion on it? Looks a little funky, eh? I can see doing the SS 96er thing but I'm not so sure about a dj bike. Another thing is that it may not hold a tire bigger than 2.1 though I don't really know...

2006 P1 CrMo

I post too much.
    The bike was designed around it, I wouldn't worry about it too much, if anything I'd put another 24'' up front to even things out and make the bike handle quicker.

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    The bike was designed around it, I wouldn't worry about it too much, if anything I'd put another 24'' up front to even things out and make the bike handle quicker.
    agreed. I have run 24's front and back for a long time and love the setup. Initially, I used a 26x24 combo and it just choppered things out for dj and park. For DH its okay though.

If you need a 24" front wheel cheap, lemme know. I have a QR, disc only, 24" front I'd sell you really cheap.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    im interested in that 24 inch wheel. how much is cheap?

charley