Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dfwraptor View Post
    im working on some stuff south of ftw, also lots of good riders at alliance skate park

Im in Euless, so ether would be fine.

Looking for dirt or street riders to get photos to add to my site, anyone interested can email me, I will pass along any photos I take to use for social media, just make sure to cite the photographer.

Normally weekends work best.

Jordan
    darkhouseimage.com

Jordan.sandifer@yahoo.com

mtbr member
    when i get them nice and pretty i will let you know

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Anybody still riding in Denton?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Started digging/rebuilding today. Everything was trashed

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Before and After

Denton Tx. trails PICS!!!-image-2.jpgDenton Tx. trails PICS!!!-image-1.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Or after and before. My bad

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Pics

Denton Tx. trails PICS!!!-image-1.jpgDenton Tx. trails PICS!!!-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    looks like you have been busy! nice work!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    These jumps are in Denton? Where at? And are they suitable to have an FR bike hit them, or just DJ/BMX bikes?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlikesbikes View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	878492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	277.1 KB 
ID:	878493
    Alex, is that the Taylor Jumps in Burleson?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    They could be done on an FR bike but it would be a heck of a pedal. No roll in yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petti the Yeti View Post
    These jumps are in Denton? Where at? And are they suitable to have an FR bike hit them, or just DJ/BMX bikes?

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy Jim View Post
    Alex, is that the Taylor Jumps in Burleson?
    No these are in Denton

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Wasn't real pleased with the flow and some kids came out jacked it up So just rebuilt today! Denton Tx. trails PICS!!!-photo-1.jpgDenton Tx. trails PICS!!!-photo-4.jpgDenton Tx. trails PICS!!!-photo-3.jpgDenton Tx. trails PICS!!!-photo-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Damn you are a busy boy! Great work!

mtbr member
    If I may make a friendly suggestion: Be strategic about where you get your dirt. Start a source pit away from the trail that is not very visible and use a wheelbarrow to move dirt. When you dig out of it, dig at an even depth all the way across, so it looks tidy and is not an ankle-twisting hazard. Cover up the source pit with logs, branches etc when not using.

This is way better than digging from right next to the jump like a lot of people do. It creates a moon crater appearance and is potentially a hazard for someone riding around the jump. Authorities, hikers etc tend to be much more upset about unsightly holes than they are about mysterious "mounds."

mtbr member
    Also, I know this is an ongoing debate in the bmx and mtb-DJ scenes, but building large filled-in tables or rollable/case-able doubles can be better for a spot for a number of reasons:

1. Tables are way harder to knock down or mess with. Also, because less experienced riders are more able to ride them, they are less likely to mess with them.

2. A lot more riders of your skill level will come out and help; on the flip side if you're only trying to attract hardcore riders they will tend to only help if they can make your doubles taller, steeper etc. So you will constantly have people trying to tweak your doubles--either to make them easier or to make them harder.

3. You (and everyone else) will be more comfortable learning tricks and getting more height and distance. So, progression will increase. Not only that, but many riders will be more comfortable hitting a much larger jump when it is filled in or has a big case pad. (I can give you lots of examples of people hitting 10-16 foot tables that they never hit if they were true gaps).

4. The larger cycling community--rec mtb xc'ers etc.--will be much more likely to be on your side (even if they don't actually ride the jumps) if you ever have a tear-down threat, or especially if you are in an area where you are supposed to be getting permission. Most parks have trail stewards for mtb trail systems. Tables, even if they are bigger (longer and taller) look less dangerous than smaller gap doubles (even if they're not).

5. Even though it takes more dirt to fill in jump as a table or rollable double (camel-back), once you've done it, it's done, and the jump will last way longer for the reasons stated above. If there are lots of fallen trees around, and you're allowed to use a saw, you can fill in the gap pretty fast.

My 2 cents (from experience). Although, don't get me wrong, I totally respect lots of trails and trail builders who do amazing spots with gap jumps. Just throwing out there the pluses for having a main line of tables/rollable doubles. ; )

Good luck !

wcpt random edit - spring 2010 on Vimeo

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I would agree on the table, step up, step down type jumps... you will get more community support and less hassle from the "man' check out our spot https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cotta...96908407004866

good luck!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4130 View Post
    Also, I know this is an ongoing debate in the bmx and mtb-DJ scenes, but building large filled-in tables or rollable/case-able doubles can be better for a spot for a number of reasons:

1. Tables are way harder to knock down or mess with. Also, because less experienced riders are more able to ride them, they are less likely to mess with them.

2. A lot more riders of your skill level will come out and help; on the flip side if you're only trying to attract hardcore riders they will tend to only help if they can make your doubles taller, steeper etc. So you will constantly have people trying to tweak your doubles--either to make them easier or to make them harder.

3. You (and everyone else) will be more comfortable learning tricks and getting more height and distance. So, progression will increase. Not only that, but many riders will be more comfortable hitting a much larger jump when it is filled in or has a big case pad. (I can give you lots of examples of people hitting 10-16 foot tables that they never hit if they were true gaps).

4. The larger cycling community--rec mtb xc'ers etc.--will be much more likely to be on your side (even if they don't actually ride the jumps) if you ever have a tear-down threat, or especially if you are in an area where you are supposed to be getting permission. Most parks have trail stewards for mtb trail systems. Tables, even if they are bigger (longer and taller) look less dangerous than smaller gap doubles (even if they're not).

5. Even though it takes more dirt to fill in jump as a table or rollable double (camel-back), once you've done it, it's done, and the jump will last way longer for the reasons stated above. If there are lots of fallen trees around, and you're allowed to use a saw, you can fill in the gap pretty fast.

My 2 cents (from experience). Although, don't get me wrong, I totally respect lots of trails and trail builders who do amazing spots with gap jumps. Just throwing out there the pluses for having a main line of tables/rollable doubles. ; )

Good luck !

wcpt random edit - spring 2010 on Vimeo
    STOP the MADNESS...you're using way too much logic and make way too much sense. lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4