wait...what?

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! decisions...convincing...parents...ugh!

Ok, I am having a really hard time making up my mind...and I need some help!

I have $150 to spend, and I'm looking @ some used bmx bikes.

I have found this felt bmx bike on craigslist, and I really love it.

The only problem is that it's really hard convincing my mom to buy another bike, considering that I already have a bike...

What should I do?

How do I convince her?

Anyone got any good deals on a bmx bike in the bay area?

Is this a good deal on this bike?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/1036337532.html

Thanks,
    Nicco

Oh, and my mom is really hard to convince....

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    As a parent who rides, I can tell you one thing. Be honest. If you want another bike because you want another "thing/toy", it might be hard to justify depending on what else is going on. Do your grades suck? Do you get in trouble a lot?

I'd rather my kid have 5 bikes than 5 xbox games. If you are serious about riding and want to progress, explain that to mom. Show her pics and vids of what you aspire to do. There is nothing that makes a parent prouder that seeing their kid work hard and get good at something... IMO.

If she's worried that you

wait...what?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobUrb
    As a parent who rides, I can tell you one thing. Be honest. If you want another bike because you want another "thing/toy", it might be hard to justify depending on what else is going on. Do your grades suck? Do you get in trouble a lot?

I'd rather my kid have 5 bikes than 5 xbox games. If you are serious about riding and want to progress, explain that to mom. Show her pics and vids of what you aspire to do. There is nothing that makes a parent prouder that seeing their kid work hard and get good at something... IMO.

If she's worried that you
    rob,
    you've got some awesome Ideas! I just got my ITBS scores back, and I have a 99 percentile overall, so that will def. help...good point...what should i do about the driving part? I mean, she supports me enough already, but she probably doesn't want another bike in her garage...

--Nicco

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Its so very simple, you lay a nice ground work over a period of a week or two, explaining stories of how some kid tried jumps on a regular bike and was nearly killed. But, then, he got a BMX bike and now he is very popular and happy cause he does cool jumps and does not crash anymore. Then, sometime later, you explain a similar riding performance issue with your current bike to your parents, and that the new bike is necessary to ensure your safety and well being (remember that other kid who almost died!). Oh, and of course, you will promise to do extra chores around the house, pet the dog, cut the lawn, blah, blah, blah, yeah right. Have fun on your new bike.

mtbr member
    pick what videos will show your mum. something like this may put her off. as the beginning of this shows lots of crashes. even so i like aaron ross as a rider. think hes ace
    i ride my bi*ch hard

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Plats
    Its so very simple, you lay a nice ground work over a period of a week or two, explaining stories of how some kid tried jumps on a regular bike and was nearly killed. But, then, he got a BMX bike and now he is very popular and happy cause he does cool jumps and does not crash anymore. Then, sometime later, you explain a similar riding performance issue with your current bike to your parents, and that the new bike is necessary to ensure your safety and well being (remember that other kid who almost died!). Oh, and of course, you will promise to do extra chores around the house, pet the dog, cut the lawn, blah, blah, blah, yeah right. Have fun on your new bike.
    Petting a dog is a chore???