mtbr member

Deciding between two bikes, help please.

I am currently looking at buying a used dj bike that will occasionally se some trails. There are two used bikes in my area that are the same price. Here is what I am looking at:
    A 2011 Norco Rampage with a Fox 831 fork, ruktion cranks, an azonic outlaw front wheel and a sun equalizer in the back. This bike does have a shifter and front and rear avid juicy brakes.

The second is a Black Market Mob with an argyle rc fork, fit bmx cranks, atomlab pimplite wheels and an avid mechanical rear brake. This bike is a single speed.

I like the way the black market looks, and I've read it is an excellent frame, but it doesn't have a front brake(or hydraulic for that matter) and that fox fork appears nicer to me(if I'm wrong please enlighten me). As far as the norco- the back wheel worries me as I have never heard anything about the equalizer, and I am also unfamiliar with the strength of the frame. Help would be much appreciated.

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    the mob will be the lighter of the 2 and ive heard the argyles aint half bad. im also not a fan of the juicy brakes.

sandbagger
    id go with the mob and just buy a set of hydraulic brakes.
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by airmiller44 View Post
    id go with the mob and just buy a set of hydraulic brakes.
    Thanks, but I actually got a great deal on a banshee amp with an argyle 302 up front and a hydro rear.

mtbr member
    im in a delima as well, i really like the p.26 am. but there isnt any left in my state and specialized is sold out of them, so im guna have to get it shipped which is guna cost extra. should i go ahead and get it or should i just wait till the 2014 bikes come out and i can get a 2014 from a local dealer?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dfwraptor View Post
    im in a delima as well, i really like the p.26 am. but there isnt any left in my state and specialized is sold out of them, so im guna have to get it shipped which is guna cost extra. should i go ahead and get it or should i just wait till the 2014 bikes come out and i can get a 2014 from a local dealer?
    Why don't you look at used? There are a lot of people with too much money that build up bikes and hardly ride them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I second looking for a used bike I bought my DJ bike on a tight budget of only $400 and got a solid bike to learn to dirt jump and ride street on.

mtbr member
    everything used i find is older dirt jumpers with longer chain stays then i would like.

life on 2 wheels
    Apr 2012
    look for dartmoor, ns, or doberman. they have some of the shorter chainstays or if youre willing to spend some time, the ns suburban 24" will fit a 26" wheel. but i think the rear tire has to be a 2.3 or narrower

mtbr member
    this is on craigslist in my city for $500:

Eastern 26' dirt jumper

Eastern Thunderbird 26' dirt jumper with component upgrades. Your choice either DMR stem with Spank Royala bars, or eastern stem with Black Market Molly Hatchet bars. RST Space coil fork 80mm travel (36mm stantions stanchions). Chainstays are slammed a hair longer than 14mm, so the bike manuals super easy. Great for dj's and/or street (especially if you are looking to get into it), and just bombing around town. It's in really great shape. Recently built up a new dj so I have to make some room in the apt.

mtbr member
    Eastern Thunderbird 26" BMX / DJ / FR

this just came up but looks like cheap wheels and its a dirt jam comp fork...