Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    word, thanks. gonna have to pick that one up.

tuck-n-roll master
    This fakie real or not? Note, I didn't watch it all the way through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K0Fby-lW34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Yikes. We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavement_hurts
    This fakie real or not? Note, I didn't watch it all the way through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K0Fby-lW34
    Wow. not sure what to think. at first i thought maybe it was taped going forward, and then reversed, but he did alot of movements that look like a true fakie, not riding forwards. plus he did finish it off at the end, and got out of fakie, so it prolly wasnt reversed. then i thought maybe he had reversed the cassette or had a fixed gear or somethin so you could actually pedal backwards and go backwards, but for the speed he was backpedaling, he wasnt moving to fast, so i dont think he had a fixed gear. maybe he's just got mad skills??? if so thats fairly insane

What are you looking at?
    they couldn't have reversed it because every once in a while the camera aims downward and you see the cables from the bike the camera guy is riding, so if it was reversed the camera guy would be riding backwards.
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Looks real to me- the front wheel is tracking the back, and not the other way around. It would be pretty obvious if they had reversed the film, because the front wheel would initiate directional changes, not respond to them.

It might still be a fixed gear (or just a rusted freewheel) but that doesn't make things THAT much easier.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cummings
    one more? Why not

I think im done for tonight! Usually I dont like the pure bmx street stuff (not a fan of the XXL white tees), but i really like this clip. pretty sweet.
    so you dont like bmx street only because of the clothing the riders wear?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebiker
    so you dont like bmx street only because of the clothing the riders wear?
    nono, you got me all wrong. i dont like most street stuff because all i see is low-speed riding, with a sh!t load of smith grinds, and nose manuals. i dont like it. And yes, all those vids i watch with smiths and nose manuals, have riders wearin XXL white tees, so i was kinda jokin about it. i've seen edwin delarosa with big white tees, and i dont care, still love to watch him. but in this street vid, there was a variety of different riding, with some tailwhips, big hops etc. i liked it.

and yes, i think big white tees are gay, but if someones killing it with one on, sweet, they got my respect.

mtbr member

I post too much.
    How about mtb street shredding now? Keep the vids coming, I like this thread.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    How about mtb street shredding now? Keep the vids coming, I like this thread.
    You ask, you recieve

EDIT: hmm, its not letting me directly post the vid today. Wonder wats wrong? well, you'll just have to go thru the link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OxVJ9_d0lNI

mtbr member
    heres a interview from "the come up", a sweet bmx blog site. its with robbie morales, some dude who helps make all the Fit movies. Some people might be pissed that vids are being posted up on the net for free, but this interview may change your mind. I thought this would be a good interview to post on this thread, as the topic may come up. I just copied and pasted it, so here it is:

Robbie and I have talked a little bit through email about the BMX video world and the idea came up to do an interview with that theme. Check it out:

----1) You have so far put out 4 videos through Fit; F-IT, the Barcelona video, the Puerto Rico trip and now Fit Life. When the first 3 videos came out video piracy in BMX was in it's infancy and nowhere near as wide-spread as it is now. As far as you can tell has this new technology affected the sales of Fit Life?----

Ironically it may have helped. Right before the release and when we were doing the purchase order for how many FITLIFE dvds to order, I was a bit skeptical on sales. Fortunately its doing well so the piracy may have sparked some increased interest.

----2) How do you feel when you see links to your video posted on BMX messageboards? Are you happy that the video is popular enough for kids to take the time to rip it or are you bummed out that kids aren't supporting rider owned companies?----

Honestly I think back to when I was young and I never understood everything that goes on behind the scenes at companies. So much work goes in so when its ripped it's shocking but I doubt riders are malicious. They just want to see some rad ****, so I'm down for that.Hopefully it's so good ya want to buy the real thing, especially if there's bonus stuff that ya can't get online, like with packaging and stuff.

----3) There was recently a BMX site hosted by a kid from Europe up for a few months that had links to a lot of current videos on it that was shut down. His argument was that videos are extremely expensive and take forever to get overseas and that he just wanted kids over there to be able to see the newest videos without getting gouged, what would you say to him in regards to him having the Fit video posted on his site? ----

I mean yeah its a bit harsh to throw it on there, but I want as many people as possible to see what FITLIFE is about. So **** it, post it up, **** Mikey Aitken fell off a bridge for this *****...

----4) Skate videos are even easier to get online than bike videos, as far as you can tell, do skateboard company owners feel the pinch in terms of sales that some bike companies claim to?----

I doubt it, the profit margins are bigger on skate decks so they can eat a loss on vids... For us it may get to the point where we just write it off but its scary dumping 30 G's into a project with the possibility of little return...

----5) What are the measures you can potentially take once a video has been posted on a site like Youtube? Is it worth the trouble to contact Youtube or Google to try and have it taken down or is it too much hassle? ----

I didn't even bother, I got plenty of emails with instructions to email Youtube and Google and threaten them with legal action. Thanks to the riders who emailed in but this a new thing ( piracy ) and my stance was to let it be...

----6) Some companies are moving towards putting their videos out for cheap ( Mosh, Lotek, Rodeo Peanut ) or free ( Animal road trip ), perhaps in response to decreased video sales. Have you considered going that route in the future? ----

Possibly our next vid will be a freeo... I know I would be psyched to get a free dvd...

----7) Fitlife used a lot of songs which I can't imagine you got the music rights for. Why did you decide to take that risk instead of going the route of say, Props who license all their songs? How high is the risk of getting busted? ----

Risk is high but FITLIFE was so important to me and the riders, I wanted them to be represented with no restrictions. I have been a part of videos with cleared music and it usually sucked so I winged it on this one...

One more thing, I think the future of BMX videos is getting better... As long as people want to learn to film, edit and be creative we can get some good **** done... Websites like The Come Up BMX help also to get more content out to the masses... Seems like riders are taking in to their own hands, the way it should be.

Thanks to Robbie for the interview.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    thats site is really good, sos the interview.

and aight on the xxl tees

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fungazi
    Looks real to me- the front wheel is tracking the back, and not the other way around. It would be pretty obvious if they had reversed the film, because the front wheel would initiate directional changes, not respond to them.

It might still be a fixed gear (or just a rusted freewheel) but that doesn't make things THAT much easier.
    I'm thinking slight downhill.

tuck-n-roll master
    You ask, you recieve

EDIT: hmm, its not letting me directly post the vid today. Wonder wats wrong? well, you'll just have to go thru the link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OxVJ9_d0lNI
    That wallride at 55 seconds has to be one of the largest I can think of. I'm not sure if I've seen any bmx ones larger than that.
    Yikes. We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

mtbr member
    This guy is probably the best 26" rider I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMoHijIpero
    Last edited by Tag1; 12-17-2006 at 09:57 PM.

tuck-n-roll master
    ryan leech is my hero. skip the first 55 seconds. all he does is talk about prague.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNMK5PO8aD8

and this is the greatest showing of balance ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvPMSVE46zU

and another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wehmNVja_aI

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Last edited by Bats; 12-22-2006 at 11:47 PM.

tuck-n-roll master
    Some soldier in Iraq doing some pretty random things and some freeride type stuff. It can't be urban or street (due to a lack of both)... so freeride it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgSf8290MQs

mtbr member

mtbr member
    http://www.current.tv/pods/edge/PD04786

You must see this insanity!!! this dude is mental.

tuck-n-roll master

what a beast... AND he wears a helmet!

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    yall know you can embed youtube vids right?

tuck-n-roll master
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebiker
    yall know you can embed youtube vids right?
    yep yep. but lately all the code i've posted hasn't been working. the code is entered correctly, but i wonder if mtbr has cut off that html function. it won't recognize it as being for embedded video, it just posts it as text.

is down to roll...

ahh....so that's the guy behind the Windshield Wiper: tailwip to tailwip back... Matt Sparks...
    thx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavement_hurts
    yep yep. but lately all the code i've posted hasn't been working. the code is entered correctly, but i wonder if mtbr has cut off that html function. it won't recognize it as being for embedded video, it just posts it as text.
    Yup, I tried to embed with the same results. Lame move on mtbr's side...

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast