Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Air Junkie

Craziest trick yet

What the craziest trick that you have seen lately, post a vid or pics so we can see. Here's one I found.

mtbr member
    that is so sick

I post too much.
    Some guy's backflip 360 on a mountain bike, I think it was at crankworx.

mtbr member
    http://www.sombriocartel.com/video/jordie360Flip.html

heres Jordie Lunn pulling a 360 flip recently. (not sure which comp) I've also seen some crazy **** on bmx

mtbr remember
    Quote Originally Posted by cummings
    http://www.sombriocartel.com/video/jordie360Flip.html

heres Jordie Lunn pulling a 360 flip recently. (not sure which comp) I've also seen some crazy **** on bmx
    that is nuts, but I just don't understand the "blow up" here about that trick, it's been done so many times in the bmx world for the past few years. then it hits mtb and it's "the most insane thing ever." well, yes it is compared to my pathetic bag of tricks, but still... some of you need to pay more attention to bmx I think.

I still think that morgan wade has pulled out some of the straight up most gangbusters big show'em up tricks, like the flair gap hand plant, and the bike-flip. Haven't seen anybody else do that one. sorry, I don't have vids right now.
    Schralp it Heavy.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Yeah, BikeSATORI, I kind of know what you mean. The 360 flip has been done a lot on a BMX. Some people even throw in variations. Stephen Murray has done a turndown to x-up 360 flip and Mirra has done a no-handed 360 flip.

However, I think it's the size of the jump and the way he throws it that makes Jordie's so crazy. It really does look more like an inverted 7. I've never seen one look that good on a BMX.

You're right, though, MTBers should pay more attention to BMX. Not only that... they should do their skills a favor and ride a BMX!!!

I post too much.
    Riding a MTB to such levels takes an insane amount of skill. I can only applaud these guys and wish I was this good.

Rollin' twenties.
    Apr 2006
    ive been wacthing a lot of bmx vids latly and have seen so much cazy stuff, i cant pick one thing theres so much sick stuff goin down

tuck-n-roll master
    I want to see someone pull out a superflip/superman backflip.

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by pavement_hurts
    I can't find a vid, but I'm pretty sure it's been done. 23mag has a good history of BMX tricks and I found this quote...

"An unknown rider did a superman backflip in 1997 at the bmx worlds in Holland"

There has also been a backflip nothing by Adam Strieby.

Mirra is the man... throwing a no handed 7 and a no handed 3 flip...

http://www.mirrabikeco.com/visuals.php

And check this... it's called a Windshield Wiper...

http://teamyoungbmx.com/media/movies/sparks2.wmv

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by pavement_hurts
    Ahh, I found it. Alan Cook does superman backflips and superman seat grab backflips. Do a search on expn for the videos... can't post the links.

And I think the triple tailwhip is a crazy trick...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_lYoa-6EG...ple%20tailwhip

dirt rules
    The windshield wiper is pretty sick... mirra's no-handed 360 flip is pretty cool too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    the flip whip is definately one of my all time favorites

Salsa Shark
    I saw a guy do a triple tail wip out of a small quarter and land in a double ice pick, and ride out switch (this was on a BMX of course)
    "Man goes in the cage. Cage goes in the salsa. Shark's in the salsa - our shark! We're gonna need a bigger boat."

Air Junkie
    This is pretty sick too

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by bedheadben
    I saw a guy do a triple tail wip out of a small quarter and land in a double ice pick, and ride out switch (this was on a BMX of course)
    Not to be rude, but I call BS. As far as I know, Chad Kagy is the only one to have attempted a triple tailwhip on vert and I'm not even sure if he's landed one. Do you know how much air you have to have do a triple tailwhip? Trust me, it's more air than you can get out of a "small quarter."

Yeah, that 720 tailwhip is crazy. I bet we see a 720 double whip within a few years. I was lucky enough to see Jay Miron land what I think was the first 360 double tailwhip back in 2002 at the Vans Triple Crown in Denver.
    Last edited by Cru Jones; 09-21-2006 at 08:28 AM.

Air Junkie
    Um...there's no such thing as a double icepick, icepick(1 peg), do you mean double peg stall?

And switch is for skaterboards, we call that fakie. There are oppisite spins(switch spins)

tuck-n-roll master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones

Mirra is the man... throwing a no handed 7 and a no handed 3 flip...

http://www.mirrabikeco.com/visuals.php
    That was one of the greatest session vids I've ever seen.

Salsa Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudden_Judgement
    Um...there's no such thing as a double icepick, icepick(1 peg), do you mean double peg stall?

And switch is for skaterboards, we call that fakie. There are oppisite spins(switch spins)
    Fine, double peg stall to fakie. I saw it on bmx online a long time ago...
    "Man goes in the cage. Cage goes in the salsa. Shark's in the salsa - our shark! We're gonna need a bigger boat."

Local Paperboy Hero
    You know, one of the craziest tricks I've ever seen happened at the X-Games this year and didn't get much coverage. In BMX dirt Mike Aitken did a HUGE lookback 180... SO HE LANDED FAKIE ON LIKE A 25' DIRT JUMP!!! He rolled out of it perfect, backwards up the finish slow down ramp. To me that's insane. But, the stupid judges gave it it low score.

Can you imagine what this might start? Maybe people landing 540s to fakie on dirt jumps???

Local Paperboy Hero
    Fine, double peg stall to fakie. I saw it on bmx online a long time ago...
    I think you're talking about Scotty Cranmer. He did a double (not a triple) tailwhip to tailtap to icepick to fakie...

http://www.bmxonline.com/bmx/feature...484066,00.html

mtbr remember
    You know, one of the craziest tricks I've ever seen happened at the X-Games this year and didn't get much coverage. In BMX dirt Mike Aitken did a HUGE lookback 180... SO HE LANDED FAKIE ON LIKE A 25' DIRT JUMP!!! He rolled out of it perfect, backwards up the finish slow down ramp. To me that's insane. But, the stupid judges gave it it low score.

Can you imagine what this might start? Maybe people landing 540s to fakie on dirt jumps???

oh man, yeah I know what you mean! I think this is the year of the 180 and fakie, seriously. I didn't catch that trick you are talking about at the xgames though, but I can understand just how it went!
    Even in the snowboarding world, skiing too, the smoooth slow BS 180 has been a trick a lot of people are pulling back out a lot recently, just for straight stylin' purposes. almost like a backlash against the robot, overmuscled 1080millions that it's taking to win all the contests. hey, I like it, cuz that's something I can actually do, hahaha....

man, if 540's are pulled out on bikes, then maybe freecoaster hubs will become more popular in the dirt scene, that way, maybe jumps could even be attempted fakie!?! I wouldn't doubt it... Already quite a few guys in the street scene using the freecoaster a lot, damnit, I forgot the guy's name, but he's always fakie on a freecoaster.... I'll remember it tonight.... I'm too lazy to look it up.
    Schralp it Heavy.

Salsa Shark
    I think you're talking about Scotty Cranmer. He did a double (not a triple) tailwhip to tailtap to icepick to fakie...

http://www.bmxonline.com/bmx/feature...484066,00.html
    Oh ya, your right, that's the one. Oh well. But I have it on video, so ha! But anyways, I remember seeing that 180 in the xgames, that was really cool!

Local Paperboy Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    maybe freecoaster hubs will become more popular in the dirt scene, that way, maybe jumps could even be attempted fakie!?!
    Hitting dirt jumps fakie??? Now THAT would be INSANE!!!

Me hates pinchflat
    I dont know why, but bmx bores me after 5 min of watching it. Yeah, they do insane things, but I dont know, it gets monotonous. I dont know why I find it much more fun to watch MTB vids, even if they do half the things bmx's do.
    Maybe it is because I relate more with mtb's, or maybe because most bmx takes place in concrete skate parks or in urban scenarios....
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast