mtbr member

Component Compatibility?

So guys been out of this scene for a while and looking for a decent dj bike.
    Just wondering if I bought this Giant STP 0 frame | Trade Me
    And a complete 08 derilikt type 2 converted to ss. would I be able to chuck over all the parts onto the stp frame?
    cheers
    Last edited by peace_keeper1517; 08-29-2012 at 01:46 AM. Reason: wrong link oops

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Google each frame, get the specs from the manufacturer. If the bb, head tube, seat post, and drop outs are the same, your good to go. The drop outs are a bit less of a pain, as long as the hub width is there, and you don't have some cheapo hubs, you can usually have the hub modified for the axle you will use.

I AM I AM
    STP's take a 30.9 seat post, here in Oz '08 models came with Race Face cranks (standard hub shell width, not 68mm or whatever). Head tube was standard 1 1/8 Dropouts were same as any other bike (135mm hub spacing afaik)

Seat clamps can vary though, even if seat posts are 30.9mm Specialized might have thinner / thicker tubing than the Giant for example, I came across this when I was swapping a bolt up seat clamp with someone for a QR type.

Like the previous poster said best to find out details for each bike, namely
    Seat post diameter required
    Seat clamp diameter
    Dropout spacing
    BB shell withdth
    Head tube diameter.

But yeah generally it's a pretty straight swap, however there is always bound to be one issue no matter what lol....thing can't just be simple can they!

mtbr member
    thanks guys! ended up getting a complete stp any way :P