Thread: CO road trip

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

CO road trip

A group of 4 of us are planning to take a trip to co to ride bike parks and skate parks next summer. We are looking for some suggestions. We are planning on hitting valmont, Frisco and Woodward Copper mountain. We are looking for some other suggestions. We will be doing a 4 day trip from mn. We will leave Tuesday night after work and drive home Sunday . Thanks for your suggestions!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Are you more into dirt or concrete? Trestle bicycle skills course (aka Barnum North Bike Park in Denver), Golden Bike Park has some fun stuff. If they get worked on next year, Sunset, Lake Arbor, and Gunbarrel for more dirt. Apex, Denver, and Redstone skate parks are well liked. Also one of the Parker skate parks but can't think of the name at the moment. There are many options for concrete out here. Let us know iin the CO forum near the time you come out, maybe we can get some folks together to show you around some. Or PM me as there isn't much Park activity in the CO forum.

Ink

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Right on! yeah it is going to be a little of both I think. I think there will be 4 of us, two dudes on 26 inch DJ, we ride mostly dirt, a little park and touch of street and the other 2 guys are on brakeless 20inch and ride a lot of street/park and a touch of dirt but are getting more into it as we are building dirt-bike parks in the metro https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cotta...7004866?ref=hl
    and
    https://www.facebook.com/EaganBikePark
    definitely want to hit this first skate park in the video and the second looks fun too... the first dirt looks like frisco and the second looks private but if not private we'd like to hit that too
    Road Trip to ColoRADo - McFly - Mountain Biking Videos - Vital MTB

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    basically we are looking to hit the highlights on this trip. we don't have a lot of time so we are trying to hit the best things we can, a good mix of skate park and DJ would be nice. We need to figure out some spots so we can figure out our route and figure out mileage and gas, camp grounds and all that so we can figure out about how much it will cost and make sure we can all afford to do this!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Both your parks are looking sweet! Here is a link that will get you started on the concrete side of things Colorado Skateparks The Colorado Skateboard Guide Skatepark List Colorado Skatepark Directory Directions and Panoramic Pictures of Colorado's Skateparks

Barnum where I volunteer https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frien...51603304924870

quick clip of my 10yr old hitting the medium line at Barnum.

Also forgot to mention Sugar Beet Bike Park https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sugar...27617404050488 which is right next to the Brighton Skatepark.

When next summer are you possibly coming out?

Ink

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    We aren't 100% sure but probably earlier summer like June... What time of the year do you recommend for the best weather. I know you guys on the front range can get pretty hot. We would like to avoid that.

Thanks for the list.

The park I'm really interested in hitting is Arvada that places looks epic !

Thanks for all the info!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    June is usually pretty good. I think Frisco opened up in early june this year, all depends on how much snow the mountains get and how much work the jumps there need after the snows. Apex, Arvada, is really good as are many others in the state.

Ink

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Yeah looks like CO has figured out how to make rad concrete parks for sure! I'm sure we won't be disappointed! I guess it will depend on the weather but probably coming that way in June sometime.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

just even more inspired! i dont' think we can go wrong out there!

Stand back
    Wow, Ink, your 10 year old rips!
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Yep CG, you can't really go wrong with a trip out here, it's good.

Thanks dbabuser, he has probably hit that line about 10 times now and is feeling pretty comfortable with it, even hitting the large lip for the last jump instead of the medium. We had a blast at the Barnum Halloween Jam this past Saturday and he started working on tricks on the trick jump, even making it around a full 360 but slipped the pedals on landing. Official vid from the event PSBMX Hallowen Jam on Vimeo

I bet your daughter is really killing the skateparks by now. She was riding so well the last time I saw you both.

We hit the greenwood skatepark on Sunday and my son was working on 180's on the transitions. He got up to about 1 1/2' from the coping in the deep end and was super excited.

Ink

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

That is so rad! I love seeing little shredders kill it. there is this 12 year old kid here in MN named Dallas Light and he just kills it....

Can't wait to get out there!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    FYI; all of frisco is now opened up. Barnum is in the process of having one line redone for added enjoyment. Did you fellas decide on travel dates yet?

Ink

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    no, not sure if is going to happen now or not. We have had one heck of a spring/early summer with tons of rain, the most in the last 130 years, and the crew is also the main build crew for the Cottage Grove Bike Park and we are about a 1 month behind, opening is suppose to happen next Thursday, we have big event on August 9th as well as getting ready for Trail Solutions to come in for the Bell Grant.
    https://www.facebook.com/cottagegrovebp

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    +1 for the Gunbarrel jumps outside of Boulder. They is legit. There's also a jump spot in Boulder off Colorado Ave called Research Park. When I was there ('09 to'13) it was constantly changing, but usually had some good lines.

But both of those places can eat a D compared to Valmont. It's the thing I miss most about Boulder. It's a facility completely unequalled anywhere in the country. Epic.