mtbr member

Smile CHICAGO DJ COMPETITION NOVEMBER 4th or 18th

Hey everybody i am planning a dirt jump competition near chicago illinois. Its set to be on saturday November 4th or 18that the local trails.. theres probably around 20 working doubles now and by the time the comp comes around there will be about 40-50 doubles including hips step ups and dows, berms, and a handfull of tabletops.
    The Rules:
    The competiton will have 2 catagories sport and expert, and you will try to have the most points basesd on 3 runs. Each rider gets 3 runs to gain the most points. The points are based on the # of jumps cleared and the tricks thrown over the jump, if you case the jump your run is over. Each jump is worth between 1-3 points based on size and toughness combined with your trick points from 1-10 based on the difficulty of the trick.
    The sport riders will have a choice of 2 or 3 lines with jumps that have 3-5 ft lips and the expert riders will have a choice of 2 lines with jumps from 4-8ft doubles.
    Remember nothing is set in stone and the location of the trail is secret until the week before the comp. I will have a registration form soon, and give me some feedback and shoot me some e-mail ( Andrewtheslidog@aol.com )

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I live near Chicago in Elgin. Need help working on the jumps?

You should post this on Chicago Freeride, Team Sally, and Huck MTB.
    HB - The God Damn Flying Dutchman
    Chicago Freeride
    Elgin, IL

mtbr member
    no thx, but it would be great if you could attend the event! im gonna get fliers and post it on chi freeride team sally and stuff like taht too

mtbr member
    Define 'near Chicago'.

mtbr member
    the far north subburbs like 30 mi. from downtown maybe