mtbr member
    Dec 2007

For a cheap bmx, she aint bad

2009 Black Eye Drifter

It's hard to capture the color of the frame, it's a dark pearlescent purple. Looks nothing like the picture on dans comp (in a good way).

Weighs in at 27 pounds

I bought it off danscomp for $240 shipped with no tax, not bad. So far it's pretty awesome, especially for the price. I just gotta get used to the 7.5" rise bars, I had some 8" oversized ones on my last bmx. We'll see how the wheels hold up, my 180's are far from perfect.

My only complaints are that the short ass brake cable wont allow me to barspin ($3 fix) and the 3/8" front axle, although I think a 3/8" might be strong enough for grinds/stalls, any opinions? I weigh 150.

Meh.
    With the 3/8" you'll have to tread lightly. I put a bit of a bend in mine when grinding.

A Gentleman and a MTBR'
    I'd rather have 14mm axles in front for grinds and stalls, but I'll bet 3/8 axles are strong enough. Nice bike, I like the white fork a lot

mtbr member
    pretty good buy I think. if you start bending/breaking axles at least it's a simple fix, buy a 14mm fork and continue riding. looks good

Brody Whelan
    Apr 2009
    the 3/8" front axle is fine. i rode a kink gap before i got into mountain biking. but yea, i rode almost all park. lil street. the only thing u might have to worry about is the bottom bracket. if its mid unsealed then u will want to upgrade to sealed. ive gone through 2 bb's. the rims should hold up but if your going to get new wheels go with demolition. if you decide that the bars are too small look at sundays.
    - good riding... peace!
    Endo into a tree and break it with your head!