rock hard or hardrock

cassette 8/9 speed into SS

i am looking for a SS kit that will fit on a 8/9 speed cassette...i found this one (beloe) but i dont think it will fit on a cassette so if someone knows where i can get one for the same price that would be sweet
    www.transitionbikes.com

"The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

nOOb now rOOkie
    i believe any kit will work. but i would rec. getting one with more than just 2 big rings. i use the DMR kit and its nice for $20... but they're are more options out there. check this out.
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...?category=2621

I post too much.
    I have the dmr and it works fine.

dirt rules
    Forget the 'kit', just take apart a couple of old cassetes and get a stack of spacers. Your LBS might help you out if they are cool. You should be able to pick up an SS cog for around $5.
    That way you can sandwich the cog between the spacers and dial in your chainline.
    You will have to install the thing either way, and for the price of the kit, you can probably pick up the tools you need. Then you can do your buddies bikes for them for free.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    Forget the 'kit', just take apart a couple of old cassetes and get a stack of spacers. Your LBS might help you out if they are cool. You should be able to pick up an SS cog for around $5.
    That way you can sandwich the cog between the spacers and dial in your chainline.
    You will have to install the thing either way, and for the price of the kit, you can probably pick up the tools you need. Then you can do your buddies bikes for them for free.
    Is what I did. 2 years old convertion now.
    HB - The God Damn Flying Dutchman
    Chicago Freeride
    Elgin, IL