Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 61
  1. #1
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446

    Bunny Hopping... (Photo sequence and animation)

    This thing is 2 feet tall precisely.
    Last edited by snaky69; 01-07-2007 at 07:54 AM.

  2. #2
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    blablabla as well
    Last edited by snaky69; 01-07-2007 at 07:54 AM.

  3. #3
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    sadljgs
    Last edited by snaky69; 01-07-2007 at 07:54 AM.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mrbray101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    190
    nice series of pics man, looking good

  5. #5
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446

    Animated now.

    Here I'm throwing in an animated gif while I'm at it.
    Last edited by snaky69; 01-07-2007 at 07:54 AM.

  6. #6
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbray101
    nice series of pics man, looking good
    The question has been asked many times, I figured we could use this kind of thread, maybe it even deserves a sticky?

  7. #7
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446

    Random 180 shot

    Notice the sexy tongue sticking out, one day I'm going to bite it real hard I bet.
    Last edited by snaky69; 01-07-2007 at 07:54 AM.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    78
    Are you running 26's are 24's?

  9. #9
    resident dumbass
    Reputation: dirtyharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,070
    Dear lord, that's high! I might put together the courage to jump over a 1 foot thing sometime, but a 2 footer!?! Nice!
    I'm out of things to say . . .

  10. #10
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    26's. Everybody needs two extra inches :P(Can't remember off the top of my head which thread that quote was in)

  11. #11
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry
    Dear lord, that's high! I might put together the courage to jump over a 1 foot thing sometime, but a 2 footer!?! Nice!
    It needs 6 more inches and it is pic-nic table height.

  12. #12
    tuck-n-roll master
    Reputation: pavement_hurts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    636
    Very nice.

  13. #13
    dirt rules
    Reputation: sittingduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,050
    Nice one! Keep it up, and soon you will hop to manual on that sucker!

    Here's a little vid of me doing 40" on my cruiser...
    http://huckit.net/files/40inches.wmv

  14. #14
    train gorilla
    Reputation: ---->SWERVE76<----'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    192
    Wow...a visual step by step answer to a common question. Very nice.
    The officer saw the words, "This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb" and became concerned.

  15. #15
    Rollin' twenties.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,635
    whats the hop record, like 44?

    (notice isaid "hop", whenever i hear "bunnyhop" i think of rabits. it pisses me of)

  16. #16
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by ---->SWERVE76<----
    Wow...a visual step by step answer to a common question. Very nice.
    Isn't it the best way to answer?

  17. #17
    dirt rules
    Reputation: sittingduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebiker
    whats the hop record, like 44?

    (notice isaid "hop", whenever i hear "bunnyhop" i think of rabits. it pisses me of)
    I think officially it's around 48. But I've seen some trials vids where people are going higher....

  18. #18
    Just Ride
    Reputation: zerossix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,015
    i wanna say lenosky put up like 46.8 or something like that....it says it in chain reaction 4 i think....i'll check it later if i remember.

  19. #19
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by zerossix
    i wanna say lenosky put up like 46.8 or something like that....it says it in chain reaction 4 i think....i'll check it later if i remember.
    Like your avater. (Just had to say it)

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    428
    46.5 i think he said it the other day at a demo i was at

  21. #21
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    So I need another 18 inches to beat him haha!

  22. #22
    dirt rules
    Reputation: sittingduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,050
    This is from back in 2003...
    http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/...php/t8691.html
    ----------------------------
    QUOTE
    yuo forgot the bunnyhop, thats 51.5"
    ENDQUOTE
    i saw that in MBUK, thats the record as regards to bunny hopping over a pre-measured pole, however at 51.5inches it was a side-hop over the pole, and that was successfuly done by a 19 year old spanish guy called Benito Ross, regardless of wheel size a French rider Bruno Arnold holds the 26 inch record with a sidehop of 46.5inches, Martyn Ashton achieved a 42inch sidehop over a bar live on TV, on a show called roy castle's record breakers....
    -------------------------------------

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    198
    Now could someone do that with manuals and this site would have great tutorial thread?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Evil4bc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,159
    SNAKEY : great how too ...!!

    You should be able to get a bit higher once your on your SecretAgent . It has maaaaaad pop !
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

  25. #25
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    SNAKEY : great how too ...!!

    You should be able to get a bit higher once your on your SecretAgent . It has maaaaaad pop !
    We'll see how that goes! I know it will be a good 2lbs lighter too, so that might help as well.

  26. #26
    Just Ride
    Reputation: zerossix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    We'll see how that goes! I know it will be a good 2lbs lighter too, so that might help as well.

    damn, my secret agent added nearly two pounds.... so angry at you brad!

    i jk i love my SA and you will too. its an amazing bike.

    oh thatnks for the avatar comment too, i cant take credit for it. i knicked it off a buddy ofmine's website. i felt it was perfect haha.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: REZ DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7
    great pic's than the video............................

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    169
    I would finish the sequence though and have pics of you riding it out. Would help people learning.

  29. #29
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by sovietspyguy
    I would finish the sequence though and have pics of you riding it out. Would help people learning.
    Good idea, I'll do that when I get back home tonight.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    412
    i dont mean to be an ass hear but that bunny hop isnt that high, like 2 feet tops.

  31. #31
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkyworks
    i dont mean to be an ass hear but that bunny hop isnt that high, like 2 feet tops.
    No **** sherlock, did you see that by yourself? I said it explicitely in the first post. Oh, but you don't read threads, you just post smartass comments in someone's thread just because you feel like it. Post a pic of yourself bunny hopping, if you're whining that this bunny hop is only two feet high, you can probably do better right?

    For the record, I can hop 30 inches, this thread is more of a tutorial because this question has been asked countless times.

    Sorry if I came off like an ass myself, but I'd read threads before posting if I were you.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    412
    Ha-ha now that is funny but apparently somebody canít detect sarcasm or being a smartass. I didnt relize that your skin was so thin and that you are so sensetive about bunny hops....are you all ways this tightly wound? chill out..

  33. #33
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkyworks
    Ha-ha now that is funny but apparently somebody canít detect sarcasm or being a smartass. I didnt relize that your skin was so thin and that you are so sensetive about bunny hops....are you all ways this tightly wound? chill out..
    It's not being sensitive, I am simply in an extremely bad mood and sarcasm definitely isn't my thing.

    Like I told you, read before you post, you would have noted that on the very first post, I say that the bunny hop is precisely 2 feet. It is nothing more than a step by step tutorial. I could have gone higher, but I needed something that would show the technique, not how good I am at bunny hopping(I know many people who are much better than me, and should have been the ones posting a how-to guide, I'd love to learn from them.).

    I'd simply like to apologize about my other post, it was un-needed, you have nothing to do with my mood and I just spat my anger right in your face, sorry.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    412
    im not offened at so theres nothing to apologize for...and you saying that it is exactly 2 feet and them my post of saying its like 2 feet tops, well that is funny to me....its all good

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aznsap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    170
    hey thanks for posting this up. man, i hope some day i can jump that high. snaky, how heavy is your bike btw?

  36. #36
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    I'd have to weigh it on a proper scale, not subtract it's weight from my body weight, but I'd say around 33 to 32.5lbs.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35
    awesome pics and gif, any tips for how to lift the front of the bike like that?

  38. #38
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    As you can see from the 4th and 5th pics, I have my weight pretty far back and low in order to do it. A manual starts off the same way.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35
    so would you say its more about weight distrubution then strength?

  40. #40
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Yeah, it is not really about strength as it is making the motion flow smoothly and having proper technique. Most trials guys are pretty skinny, and look at what they can pull off.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GetDirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    114
    I can do 36 on my BMX. I have yet to try it on my p.2. I'm guessing I'll hit 30.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zaefod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    291
    Some additional input:

    I was in a bunnyhop rut for a looong time until just recently. My problem was with the pulling back motion. I could pull my bike up verticle without issue but not make the transition into a hop. So, in order to help my brain figure out the motion(flow) I now push my arms down and away from me just before leaning back. This pushing motion serves to get my body back instead of starting the motion from a position of hovering over the handlebars. Hope that helps someone.

    I can watch Snaky's sweet animation and see this motion in action so I know it's kosher.

  43. #43
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by zaefod
    Some additional input:

    I was in a bunnyhop rut for a looong time until just recently. My problem was with the pulling back motion. I could pull my bike up verticle without issue but not make the transition into a hop. So, in order to help my brain figure out the motion(flow) I now push my arms down and away from me just before leaning back. This pushing motion serves to get my body back instead of starting the motion from a position of hovering over the handlebars. Hope that helps someone.

    I can watch Snaky's sweet animation and see this motion in action so I know it's kosher.
    I'm glad you like it .

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    71
    can u bunny hop to manual that?

  45. #45
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by rideak
    can u bunny hop to manual that?
    I wouldn't know, I've never tried on something that high. If it ever stops raining(forecast for the next week is rain) I'll go and try it.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trevorh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by snaky69
    I wouldn't know, I've never tried on something that high. If it ever stops raining(forecast for the next week is rain) I'll go and try it.
    hey look on the bright side, at least its not snow!
    woooooooooo

  47. #47
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorh
    hey look on the bright side, at least its not snow!
    It will be soon though...

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    71
    you should try put that up for some people asking about manuals stuff that high isnt that hard to manual and thats pretty wide too so u dont need to worry about that. ya its been snowin here. but thats kinda wat you'd excpect cuz im in alaska.

  49. #49
    I post too much.
    Reputation: snaky69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by rideak
    you should try put that up for some people asking about manuals stuff that high isnt that hard to manual and thats pretty wide too so u dont need to worry about that. ya its been snowin here. but thats kinda wat you'd excpect cuz im in alaska.
    I'm in Quebec myself. I will try and post some more tutorials if it ever does stop raining. Our DJ spot is starting to flood =(

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trevorh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    241
    I just heard on the news that Quebec is gunna be its own country by 2015... uh oh!
    woooooooooo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •