mtbr member

To build or not to build...that is the question.

Alright guys I'm stuck on what to do. I've ridden many dj bikes in the past, nice and crappy, and I love the sport. Owned a 2009 Rocky Mountain Flow DJ for awhile (got it brand new on a trade and sold if for a very good price like 2 months later, but only rode it a handful of times to keep it in nice condition) and my brother currently has an Eastern dj bike that I occasionally ride when I see him. Here's where the problem comes in, just traded off the last of my bmx parts to get a DK Xenia frame, set of BB5 brakes, and a very nice Transition Revolution wheelset for next to nothing (literally like 50 bucks out of pocket). I've got a lot of parts that I can use to finish the bike, and have access to parts at good prices.Also I have a bike in mind that I want to buy to part out and use the fork and other parts (Fox Talas 125mm fork). But I don't really feel like throwing $400 into another bike, I've got too many bikes as it is and if I want to ride a dj bike I can borrow my brothers. This bike wouldn't be my main bike, or even my second bike in the line up. More like 3rd or 4th. So this is where the real question arises, what would you all do? Spend $400 or so to build a nice bike that I wouldn't use too often at all, build the bike and sell it and hope to come out at least even, or sell the frame, brakes, wheels and other parts (anyone interested? haha) and put that money towards something else?

mtbr member
    No one has an opinion yet? Suprising

smartass
    If you're not going to keep it, don't bother building. You'd be better off just selling the parts.

I say build it if you have the money. But then I have a nice DJ that's my least ridden bike too.

Members who have read this thread: 0