mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Bought a bike, sold the bike.....now I am picking up a BM 357

Well I tend to pull the trigger a little bit quick on things.....cars......girls.....and now bikes. I ended up picking up a Scott Voltage YZ-15 for 400 with a Troy Lee helmet and paid 400 for it. I realized after buying it the bike was not what I wanted and it needed enough attention that I would have easily been in the 900 total range to get it where I wanted the bike.

SSsssoooo I ended up selling it. Took a 50 dollar hit on the deal because I wanted to sell it quickly. I have been reading, reading and reading more. After doing some research I narrowed my bike choice down to a 09 P2 and an 09 BM 357. The P2 was all stock except for a rigid front fork and was going for $375. I was okay with the rigid fork and the price was nice but front what I understand you can not put a front disc on the bike because it is not compatible. I want a front disk because I would like to dabble in a little urban/trials style riding.

On to the 357, Its minty, Looks better than the P2 IMO, has pedals and grips(not that it really matters) Runs the DJ3 which is not the best but I want to start out with something decent up front so it will do. Hell, I would not be able to tell what is good or bad about one so until I do I wont know the difference.....and when I do I can upgrade. I ended up deciding on the 357 and I am picking it up this morning, As of right now I will be paying $550, once I inspect it we will see if that price sticks. Pics do not tell everything. I know this time what to look for!

What do you guys think? Good pick? I really love the look of the all white bike, I am sure I will be doing some of my favorite anodized green upgrades in the future!

Scott

mtbr member
    The Blackmarket 357 is an excellent complete. I don't recall exactly how much the MSRP was--maybe $899 or so?? For 2010-12 Blackmarket changed the names to the Malice and the Soldier, but they're not much different,design-wise.