mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Blk Mrkt riot frame

hey just wondering if anybody has or has had the riot frame and what you say about it

mtbr member
    I've got a Mob, which is basically the same geo, but different tubing. It is really, really, really nice. Really nice. I'm running a 4 inch travel fork, and wheels totally slammed in the dropouts. The geometry is insane. At first, it feels like the front wants to wash out, but you can figure out how to make that go away. Then, it's awesome. The back end will just slide right out on dirt and chill there, while you put power to the wheels.

It just rails corners, regardless of whether there are berms. Somehow, on flat out corners, I feel just as or more comfortable than on a DH bike. It has really good high and low speed stability, and you can definitely feel the difference between steel and aluminum.

I recommend it (the mob at least...)
    Gnar Cal!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    how is it for street or park riding?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidtrees
    how is it for street or park riding?
    sick
    Gnar Cal!

To "Air" Is Human
    I just built mine...so far, way better than my DMR Transition. Like "igotbanned" said...sick.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    lol, I have a 357 and it like all blk mrkt frames (i think) has the same geo and it is simply amazing. Every one who I have let ride my bike loves it and i Just cant say enough about it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Best frame ever, except for the Mob but I didn't have the extra scratch for the Mob
    CAMBr West
    Gives us a couple bucks and we'll give you some trails with sweet jumps and stuff.

Bikes Rule
    I custom built a Riot and then swapped everything over to a Mob frame. I really felt a difference in handling going to the better tubing. But the geometry was the same. It is my favorite bike I have ever owned. And I have owned many.

everything about the frame feels perfect. BB height, chainstay, top tube, head angle - all dialed. I ride a lot of indoor park in the winter and I love it. This summer I have done a lot of DJ and I have progressed beyond my expectations. The bike just goes where you want it. Either way you will be stoked.

Main differences between the 3 frames for 2008:

.357 - Uses straight gauge CrMo tubing, limited tt lengths, made overseas.
    Riot - Uses a butted CrMo tubing, about 1/2 lb lighter than the .357, horizontal drops only, limited tt lengths, made overseas.
    Mob - Uses proprietary supertherm butted tubing fom USA supplier ($$), about 1/4lb lighter than Riot, horizontal or vertical drops, multiple tt lengths, made in USA.

For 09' the Mob gets a few upgrades and is a tad lighter. Simply awesome.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    humm.. I wish i had the money to build up a mob frame when i bought my 357. O well now if something ever happens to my frame I have some sweet parts to build up a mob...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Most of my riding mates ride Blk Mrkt, they're uber sweet frames, perfect for everything,pretty cheap too.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcc55
    humm.. I wish i had the money to build up a mob frame when i bought my 357. O well now if something ever happens to my frame I have some sweet parts to build up a mob...
    i really doubt anything will everhappen to that frame, unless u plan on doing the redbull rampage. blkmrkts low end stuff is still super high quality