mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Azonic Outlaw Singles Speed Conversion for DJ

Hi everyone. I am wondering if anyone has a recomendation on a good single speed conversion kit (or cog/spacer combo) that would work well for converting an azonic outlaw rear wheel?

I am looking for a 13t cog, something that will not damage the free hub body, and work with an 1/8" chain.

There are a lot of kits out there, but worried about the cheap looking skinny cogs digging into the freehub body or not seating properly.

Any help very appreciated! Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    You will probably need to buy the cog and spacers individually since most conversion kits will only come with thin, stamped, steel cogs. Any spacer kit will work. Cogs from companies like surly, endless, chris king, halo all make cogs with wide bases that won't damage your cassette body. if you need a tensioner as well (you would need this if you wereconverting a frame with vertical dropouts so you could maintain chain tension) tensionsers from surly and yess products have worked well for me in the past. You may also consider searching this topic in the singlespeed forum.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Yeah been looking at those halo cogs, thinking i might go with one of those. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by GVSS View Post
    You will probably need to buy the cog and spacers individually since most conversion kits will only come with thin, stamped, steel cogs. Any spacer kit will work. Cogs from companies like surly, endless, chris king, halo all make cogs with wide bases that won't damage your cassette body. if you need a tensioner as well (you would need this if you wereconverting a frame with vertical dropouts so you could maintain chain tension) tensionsers from surly and yess products have worked well for me in the past. You may also consider searching this topic in the singlespeed forum.