mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Anyone using a 4x bike for DJ?

So I'm currently riding an evil imperial for dirt jumping. Now that I work in a shop, most of the people I work with ride XC so I've been thinking about selling the imperial frame and getting a commencal meta 4x. I'm wondering who out there is using a 4x bike for djing and how they like/dislike it. I'm wondering if it's a lost cause or if it could be something I enjoy.
    Just ride.....

..ouch
    Just picked up a VIP Absolute4X a couple weeks ago for 4x and DJ. It's been treating me great so far for jumping (props to The Agency for a great build). Only downside is aluminum certainly transfers more vibration through the frame than molly.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    looking at more full suspension 4x bikes.
    Just ride.....

Slopestyle Rider
    I rock a Norco XXXX. I really like it for dj's. The only drawback is that since it's a fully, it's a little more difficult to get through really tight and steep rhythm sections.

Self-glorifying action shots...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    looks like the bike is handling the dj's just fine.
    Just ride.....

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman
    looking at more full suspension 4x bikes.
    I know a couple folks using the Transition Double as your describing and they love it.

KoNa KiD
    Apr 2007
    heres what you need.....transition Double

Pedalshop
    [SIZE="4"]Transition Bike Co.[/SIZE]

dont touch the dirt

mtbr member
    Try a Foes 2:1 4x. I tried a friend's on some local jumps and it handled like a charm. I had the rear shock set pretty stiff to add some pop and the handling of a hardtail, but soft enough that it didn't negate the suspension. This added a really forgiving element to the ride and just made it more fun. It's also pretty damn cool looking if you ask me.

http://www.foesracing.com/lineup.cfm?view=4x

I'm seriously considering getting one. The bike is more at home on trails with jumps and drops then actual dirt jumps, but it performs really well on straight dirt jumps too. like I said, full potential is unlocked on a flowy, trail style set of jumps then just a line of transfers.
    [SIZE="3"]I will not rest, until this place is filled with sunlight, or at least until the darkness is quiet for a while.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    that foes is nice, but super expensive, the old cannondale prophet 4x frame is a full suspension, they made it last season good for jumps and just regualr xc
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    To be blunt;

6) The Earth would begin to collapse into a black hole and it would make people sad.

mtbr member
    Yea the Cannondale will probably be ok, but the foes is uber :P The Kona Bass looks like it might be ok but I've never tried it, never been a fan of Kona personally.
    [SIZE="3"]I will not rest, until this place is filled with sunlight, or at least until the darkness is quiet for a while.[/SIZE]

The king is on fire
    I used my staats MTX for DJ's until I got my molly and a 20" It worked great. (frame is for sale btw!)
    Have fun.

mtbr member
    i second the Transition Double great company friend of mine is rocking one and I am thinking about it also or a regular Specialized sx