I post too much.

Anyone have any experience with goodridge lines?

And use them for urban and dj? I figure they might give my juicy 5 a bit more bite?

Meh.
    I found that the Juicy's can bite plenty hard. Maybe try a different pad compounds.

Braided lines are nice, but the performance gain is negligible. Most of the effects felt will be resultant of a good and well over-due bleed. People will argue that with me, but whatever.

Try bleeding with a good DOT 5.1 first (don't confuse with DOT 5). It's less viscuous than DOT 3 but has a higher boiling point than DOT 5. Piston response will be better and you'll experience less fade.

The best thing about braided lines is that they're more flexible and less likely to kink.

I post too much.
    I have stock pads stock lines and stock bleed. You think I should rebleed them?

Meh.
    I strongly suggest a full flush with DOT 5.1. Also remove glaze from the pads by sanding in a figure 8 pattern across course sandpaper. EBC red pads will grip like bubblegum on hot asphalt. Organic pads will bite harder, but wear faster and potentially make more noise as well.

I post too much.
    I'll give that a try over the course of the off-season and tell you how it went.

mtbr remember
    I've got goodridges on my HopeMonoM4's on my Rail (soon to swap onto a Sinister SplinterMX woohoo...) at the moment...
    I love them, but being the impatient person I am most times, I cut the front too short, so I can only run it with a Triple Clamp fork.... no SC's until I get a new hose, which is pricey... pain in the oshiri.

I do think the difference in feel is slight but still noticeable. I felt a bigger difference in swapping them on my Mono Mini's than I did on the Mono M4's for some reason...

I also think this amount of difference depends on what brakes you are swapping them on, but yeah, a good bleed always helps no matter what.
    Last edited by BikeSATORI; 11-06-2006 at 03:20 PM.
    Schralp it Heavy.

AW_
    locked - time out
    I have a Goodridge line on my rear brake (HFX Mag). There is not much of a difference in feel at all (if any).

I wouldn't recommend spending the money unless you need a new line.. in that case it is probably worth it since they do not kink like the stock (plastic?) lines, so they should last a lot longer.

I post too much.
    Basically, the improvement in brake feel from switching lines would probably result from the bleed I'd have to do (or have to get done) than the lines themselves?