Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    44 Here. After 13yrs off I bought a pimped out Pivot Mach 5. The jumping skills from my youth have dwindled...so I am picking up an Octane One Zircus in a cpl days. I will put in some work and get the skills back...ok...some of them

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by having fun View Post
    You are WAY Not too old to start! I'm 45 with 2 kids (8 & 6) I got a DJ from my family for Xmas last year. Ride XC all the time but all winter, we have an awesome indoor park in our area (Joyride) and I am totally hooked especially on the pump track. They open on PA days & I am usually the only Mom not sitting around just watching. Hopefully I don't embarrass my kids cause I am having so much fun playing with them!
    You certainly are a rad mom! Plus you get awesome points on top, since we need more women in the sport. Yu gotta know at least one other mom is watching have a blast and saying "hmmmmm, maybe -I- could do that too!"

Oh, and don't worry about embarrassing your kids. When they get to the eye roll stage... They'd do that if you were shredding the gnar, or knittin some yarn. But at least you can embarrass them on their own turf! My mom chopped wood when we were in NH and she would crush my 14 yo friends in arm wrestling. They did not take it well! Hehe

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thanks bikes for days! Maybe I should start chopping wood...I get crushed by 14yr old kids regularly!

passed out in your garden
    Quote Originally Posted by bike for days View Post
    And Cmg71, you are a rad dad!
    ha thanks, but rad I am not, just refusing to be 42

get out there and do it, what have you got to lose? (besides skin )
    2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I've been lusting after one of these things for a couple of years, I finally made it happen. Will be my urban trail/DJ ripper.

Intense Tazer

Raymond Donald Franklin
    ^Sexy frame!

passed out in your garden

Re: Any age 40s - 50s + Rider Here?

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    ^Sexy frame!
    It is pretty intense hey...........

needs more scratches but
    2012 Trek Rumblefish Elite
    Frankenbike (Pump/BMX track bike)
    1993 Colnago Elegant

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'm not part of the older crowd but this guy Griff that I coach from time to time is 64 and is pretty rad, has a blog Mountain Bike Geezer | Singletrack, gravity, bicycling issues & more and he has really been working on pump tracks and learning to pump flat ground, good article by Lee McCormack Lee Likes Bikes

I would recommend finding a pump track or a bmx track and just going and playing there... it will really increase your skills and make you feel like a kid again!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5