• 09-10-2006
    turboinferno83
    Addict cycles frame?Post pics here
    Hey everyone,I ordered a Addicts cycle frame today hoping it will arrive soon.In the mean time I would like to see pics of your setups,got any? Post 'em up!
  • 09-11-2006
    Raghavan
    XSL_Will has a really really nice one.
  • 09-11-2006
    XSL_WiLL
    Super sick bike. Not much else to say.

    http://www.intermtb.com/users/124/im...8.224914.pjpeg
    Right after I built it up, before some changes.

    http://www.intermtb.com/users/124/im...8.223437.pjpeg
    Raced DH with it setup like that.

    It's got Deity bars now. And I'm thinking about decent 26s for it.
  • 09-11-2006
    trevorh
    Thats super sleek and nice.
  • 09-11-2006
    BikeSATORI
    how much did you order yours for turboinferno? this is a used one but.... damn cheap, considering this is not a cheaply constructed aluminum frame...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
  • 09-11-2006
    XSL_WiLL
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BikeSATORI
    how much did you order yours for turboinferno? this is a used one but.... damn cheap, considering this is not a cheaply constructed aluminum frame...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

    I've seen them go on ebay new for just a couple bucks more. This guy keeps listing batches of 5 of them.

    I got mine new for less than that shipped.
  • 09-11-2006
    Raghavan
    Hey will, do you have a 26 up front and a 24 in the back?
  • 09-11-2006
    XSL_WiLL
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Raghavan
    Hey will, do you have a 26 up front and a 24 in the back?

    I only did that to race DH. To slack it out a bit and help the front end get over things a little better. Somebody told me it was fast and flowy, which is why I took the hardtail. They're full of sh!t.

    Usually I run dual 24s. I had a set of 26" Mavic X321s (I think). I put 5 or 6 flatspots/dents in the rear rim the first ride, and I run more than enough tire pressure and I made sure to prestretch and tension the spokes evenly.

    I was going to get a set of Atomlab Trailpimps, but I didn't act fast enough, and the offer passed. Same thing with my DH rig...
  • 09-11-2006
    Raghavan
    So is that Pike a 426 U-Turn?
  • 09-11-2006
    XSL_WiLL
    Pike SL with modded dampeners.It's an o5, not an o6.
  • 09-12-2006
    turboinferno83
    I got the frame for 400 shipped direct from addictcycles.
  • 09-12-2006
    turboinferno83
    Thats a nice bike .Anymore?
  • 09-14-2006
    pavement_hurts
    I just picked a brand new frame for 200 and will be stripping off the parts from my DK Xenia (<- Xenia frame = unbreakable, but crap) in the next two weeks. I'll post some pics up then.
  • 09-14-2006
    Raghavan
    I wish i could get a frame like that.
    Damn i'm poor.
  • 09-14-2006
    turboinferno83
    oooohhhhhh yeah
    ok well my frame came in today.I'll post a pic after I transfer all the parts from my current frame:thumbsup:
  • 09-22-2006
    turboinferno83
    ok....well,I almost have it together.Just waiting on the derailluer hanger.Also have a bash guard from e13 coming in.Heres a up dated pic anyway....well except for the crank guts for the BB which I've installed today. here goes.....

    http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ctbuilding.jpg

    26" wheels ,manitou fork, mx-2 disk brakes, basicly everything that was switched over from my gary fisher
  • 09-22-2006
    Merkyworks
    wow man that is some long stem you got on there
  • 09-22-2006
    turboinferno83
    well yeah,I was thinking the same thing.I've never came across a fork with a stem like this.Anyone know of a fix for this thing?
  • 09-23-2006
    nightfall
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by turboinferno83
    well yeah,I was thinking the same thing.I've never came across a fork with a stem like this.Anyone know of a fix for this thing?

    Just cut it down a couple inches (make sure to measure), and take of a couple spacers.
  • 09-23-2006
    turboinferno83
    yeah,I thought of that.Its just taking a hacksaw to your forks seemed a little of :nono: situation,but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

    Thanks for the input nightfall. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  • 09-23-2006
    MT Road
    No Hacksaw, get a pipe cutter, it will make a perfect cut, you can gran one for about $9 at Lowes or Home Depot...
  • 09-23-2006
    turboinferno83
    aaaaahhhh,yes.That is a great idea! Thanks :thumbsup:
  • 09-28-2006
    pavement_hurts
    4 Attachment(s)
    Here is my newly built up rig with not so new parts. Enjoy.

    Attachment 199195
    Attachment 199196
    Attachment 199197
    Attachment 199198

    Addict Cycles
    Azonic World Force handlebars
    DK Vice grips w/ bar plugs
    DK alloy stem
    Marzocchi Dirt Jam Pro
    Avid BB5 brake
    FSA Pig headset
    DK Huck It seat
    Kenda K-Rad 2.3
    Sun Rhyno Lite XL 36h w/ DK 10mm hubs
    Stolen bb
    DK Chopstix cranks
    Kink Sprocket w/ bash
    DK pedals
    KMC chain
  • 09-28-2006
    Merkyworks
    i like it...simple and black

    looks like it ride nice to
  • 09-28-2006
    BikeSATORI
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pavement_hurts
    Here is my newly built up rig with not so new parts. Enjoy.

    Attachment 199195
    Attachment 199196
    Attachment 199197
    Attachment 199198

    Addict Cycles
    Azonic World Force handlebars
    DK Vice grips w/ bar plugs
    DK alloy stem
    Marzocchi Dirt Jam Pro
    Avid BB5 brake
    FSA Pig headset
    DK Huck It seat
    Kenda K-Rad 2.3
    Sun Rhyno Lite XL 36h w/ DK 10mm hubs
    Stolen bb
    DK Chopstix cranks
    Kink Sprocket w/ bash
    DK pedals
    KMC chain


    looks very simple and solid, I dig it. looks fun for sure.