Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 66

Thread: 900$ in credit

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8

    900$ in credit

    Hi I just got 900 dollars worth of credit from performance. I love my xc bike and have no problems with it so I'm looking for a full dj/urban bike. The best (rather only) option seems to be the mongoose hardball. Would anyone recommand it or an even better option under 900?

  2. #2
    rock hard or hardrock
    Reputation: derfernerf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,047
    c-dale chase, specialized p.series
    www.transitionbikes.com

    "The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8
    Needs to be sold at performance. Or do they sell them and im not aware of it?

  4. #4
    Too Kool for Skool
    Reputation: theg1ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    321
    Bikes sold at performance in your area (i saw your thread on dc street too) are rocky mountain , mongoose. schwinn, gt. iron horse, and there might be a few giants left at the rockville pike store. I say try to see if there is a rockymountain flow from last year that has been discounted into your price range. If there is a giant stp you could get that. I wouldnt reccomend a mongoose or a schwinn. The gts for 07 look pretty good for the money and you might find a decent ironhorse although those will probably be more freeride oriented
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...

  5. #5
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    ohh, if you want one of the most indestructable frames ever, look into the ironhorse chimpera and bakuto hardtails. you cant go wrong with em' !
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8
    Both Iron Horses are awesome for freeriding but theyre heavy bricks

  7. #7
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,509
    Both those IH bikes suck for urban. Get a Porter or a Flow.

  8. #8
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Both those IH bikes suck for urban. Get a Porter or a Flow.
    they do just fine for DJ and urban. ignore will. I think the porter was stopped being made in 04 and RM flow ..I've heard some bad things about
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    657
    Specialized P1.
    pUt Da LiMe In Da CoKe YoU nUt


  10. #10
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,509
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    they do just fine for DJ and urban. ignore will. I think the porter was stopped being made in 04 and RM flow ..I've heard some bad things about
    They're both tall, heavy, and on the long side. They feel very wooden in the urban setting.

    I think you're right about the Porter being discontinued, but you can still find them at a few Performance shops. And they were sweet rides. They looked funky though.

    Performance doesn't carry Specialized...

  11. #11
    Crusty cyclist
    Reputation: americanethics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58
    don't ignore will, he's right.

  12. #12
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    They're both tall, heavy, and on the long side. They feel very wooden in the urban setting.

    I think you're right about the Porter being discontinued, but you can still find them at a few Performance shops. And they were sweet rides. They looked funky though.

    Performance doesn't carry Specialized...
    naw, you must have ridden a 17 or a 19" my friend (who has a chimpera) rides a 15" for park. rigid fork and everything,actually very flickable. but yea, a little on the heavy side ( 32 pounds)

    werent the porter frames extremly small too ? something like a 20.5 inch toptube on a 12" frame, and the "long" was like 21.3 and a 13.5" frame ?
    Last edited by todd_freeride; 10-01-2006 at 09:29 PM.
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    561
    hey americanetchics, you listen to aus-rotten?

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Performance doesn't carry Specialized...
    Well, that sucks.
    pUt Da LiMe In Da CoKe YoU nUt


  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bleu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    They're both tall, heavy, and on the long side. They feel very wooden in the urban setting.

    I think you're right about the Porter being discontinued, but you can still find them at a few Performance shops. And they were sweet rides. They looked funky though.

    Performance doesn't carry Specialized...
    IH stopped making the Porter after 05 after Eric went to Haro.

    If you can find one, snatch it up. Bound to be discounted too cause it'll be a year or two old. Sweet bikes.

    The Chimpera and Bakuto are built for trailriding and freeride...they'd suck a lot of ass for DJ or park.
    It's just frustrating sometimes being an Athena...

  16. #16
    Too Kool for Skool
    Reputation: theg1ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghavan
    Specialized P1.
    Dude read the thread

    The iron horse bikes are very heavy as they are similar to the norco shore hardtails for usage. They might be ok but not great. Listen to will he knows what he is talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation: justintime6423's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4
    I got a gary fisher mullet single speed its only 600 bucks and i can really throw it around. I just landed my first backflip on it after manyy spills and the bikes thru as it was when i bought it.

  18. #18
    Crusty cyclist
    Reputation: americanethics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by J-dogg
    hey americanetchics, you listen to aus-rotten?
    well you can see my avatar, but yeah I do. I think they had very cogent lyrics and a good message. Are you into that kind of stuff?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by americanethics
    well you can see my avatar, but yeah I do. I think they had very cogent lyrics and a good message. Are you into that kind of stuff?
    most defenitely. i have them cranked right now. flags will cover coffins. their producer went under i think so my order for the rest of their cd's didnt go through. bike wise get a chase or a used complete. look on pinkbike

  20. #20
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,509
    Okay folks, read the thread. He has the credit at PERFORMANCE. Therefore the bike has to be from PEFORMANCE.

    Ironhorse, Rocky Mountain, Schwinn, Mongoose, GT, Fuji, and MAYBE some left over Giants.
    Last edited by XSL_WiLL; 10-02-2006 at 10:03 PM.

  21. #21
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by bleu
    The Chimpera and Bakuto are built for trailriding and freeride...they'd suck a lot of ass for DJ or park.
    mine does absolutly fine for DJ, a little big for park, but I have the 17" frame. why do people keep saying the yakuza hardtails arent going to be good for DJ and park....do you own one ? no. I've been riding it for a little under a month now, only thing thats off about it, is its as beefy as a morphine and weighs a little bit more than 30 pounds.
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  22. #22
    Premium Member
    Reputation: Ojai Bicyclist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,842
    Those brands unfortunately don't make a "real" DJ/Park bike.

    Maybe sell your credit to some guy going into the store for like 10 percent off and go somewhere else?

  23. #23
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojai Bicyclist
    Those brands unfortunately don't make a "real" DJ/Park bike.

    Maybe sell your credit to some guy going into the store for like 10 percent off and go somewhere else?
    ever hear of the GT ruckus ?
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  24. #24
    Premium Member
    Reputation: Ojai Bicyclist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,842
    Actually I forgot about that bike. It's probably your best option. That's the cool looking gold one, right?

  25. #25
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,509
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    mine does absolutly fine for DJ, a little big for park, but I have the 17" frame. why do people keep saying the yakuza hardtails arent going to be good for DJ and park....do you own one ? no. I've been riding it for a little under a month now, only thing thats off about it, is its as beefy as a morphine and weighs a little bit more than 30 pounds.
    The Morphine is also a freeride rig. Lots of excessive fat for urban/park.

    Stop talking.

  26. #26
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,509
    You can always ask Performance to order you a frame. Their distributors should carry other brands.

    I know QBP has BMC, DMR, Ellsworth, Gunnar, Ind. Fab, Intense, Litespeed, Merlin, Salsa, Serotta, Seven, Surly, Turner, Santa Cruz, and Yeti.

    BTI has .243, Addict, Astrix, Atomlab, Cove, Identiti, Woodman, and Voodoo.

    Some frames are not carried in stock, and the distributor will need to make a special order. QBP requires that some of those frames be ordered through bike builder (means you'll have to get it as a complete).

    Most smaller companies are also willing to work with shops. Even if the shops aren't set up as dealers, they'll sell bikes/frames to the shops. It's to get their name out there.

  27. #27
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojai Bicyclist
    Actually I forgot about that bike. It's probably your best option. That's the cool looking gold one, right?
    hmm, they have a couple of models out now. I know I'm really digging the UF series. the 24" is a sick bike, we just got one in.
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  28. #28
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    The Morphine is also a freeride rig. Lots of excessive fat for urban/park.

    Stop talking.
    ohh, so you want thinner frames for mountain biking. okay, I'll make sure to run a stumpjumper at whistler next time its all a matter of opinion, some people like the larger fatter frames ( like me, Haro Escape, P. series, norco shore, morphine) or there are the smaller frames (mob, nemisis, .243 ) you get the picture. thing is though, yakuza is somewhat able to do park ...a morphine would really be pushing it.

    check out gt bikes for this year. they have a couple of models that you can choose from. I like the UF regular and 24" but you might want a little more bike than a park/street rig. they have the ruckus DJ wich is pretty nice, but above your price limit by like 200 bucks
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  29. #29
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,509
    You're comparing apples and oranges is what I'm getting at. Your lack of experience continues to show.

  30. #30
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    You're comparing apples and oranges is what I'm getting at. Your lack of experience continues to show.

    just because one is beefier means that its bad for urban ? no. I have plenty of experience to know that the Yakuza series is plenty fine for street and park. if anyone here is ignorant to the idea of a FR hardtail being used for street, its you. because I've been doing it for almost 4 years. sure theres a little better. but nothing at performance bikes is going to beat out the yakuza as a multi purpose 4X
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  31. #31
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,509
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    just because one is beefier means that its bad for urban ? no. I have plenty of experience to know that the Yakuza series is plenty fine for street and park. if anyone here is ignorant to the idea of a FR hardtail being used for street, its you. because I've been doing it for almost 4 years. sure theres a little better. but nothing at performance bikes is going to beat out the yakuza as a multi purpose 4X
    Do you even know what 4x is? It's 4 riders on one track out of a starting gate. And that is NOT the Yakuza.

    And I'm not saying it can't be done, but I'm saying it's the WRONG TOOL. And the p.bike was more an urban bike than a freeride bike.

    I didn't say beefy was bad. But it's heavy (in the bad sense), it's fat (in the bad sense), and it's on the long side (in the bad sense).

    If he's getting a new bike, why half-ass it? Get something built for the intended purpose. It'll ride nicer, and he'll enjoy it more.

  32. #32
    Premium Member
    Reputation: Ojai Bicyclist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,842
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Do you even know what 4x is? It's 4 riders on one track out of a starting gate. And that is NOT the Yakuza.

    And I'm not saying it can't be done, but I'm saying it's the WRONG TOOL. And the p.bike was more an urban bike than a freeride bike.

    I didn't say beefy was bad. But it's heavy (in the bad sense), it's fat (in the bad sense), and it's on the long side (in the bad sense).

    If he's getting a new bike, why half-ass it? Get something built for the intended purpose. It'll ride nicer, and he'll enjoy it more.
    You said it very well.

  33. #33
    mtbr remember
    Reputation: BikeSATORI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    just because one is beefier means that its bad for urban ? no. I have plenty of experience to know that the Yakuza series is plenty fine for street and park. if anyone here is ignorant to the idea of a FR hardtail being used for street, its you. because I've been doing it for almost 4 years. sure theres a little better. but nothing at performance bikes is going to beat out the yakuza as a multi purpose 4X
    give it up bro... you'll just contradict yourself here again in another week or so... just like the jive about your stance...
    the size of the frames tubing or "beefiness" has NOTHING to do with the geometry, which is the most important determining factor.... Listen to Will.

    I do agree with you though, that the GT UF's look pretty nice for the price for sure, I was surprised about that. the little rigid 24... BurntBear, if I were you, that is the route I would look at, then spend the extra credit you have left over for upgrades.
    Schralp it Heavy.

  34. #34
    Crusty cyclist
    Reputation: americanethics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58
    the ruckus uf 24 looks great. Will has an excellent idea with the distibutors though. go with a either a dmr or something like that from QBP or BTI or order yourself up one of those uf 24. That thing actually looks quite nice. If you did go the route of the gt, you could pimp it quite nicely with the money remaining.
    Last edited by americanethics; 10-02-2006 at 11:28 PM.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    561
    gt ruckus ss, then put new fork and brakes on.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    729
    what if...you took your 900,bought all the compnents,or some package if they have one,then work a little,make 2-300$ and buy yourslef a decetn frame...i mean an identiti dr. jekyll is only 320...or something like a voodoo shango...
    so this is how you add a signature!!

  37. #37
    Too Kool for Skool
    Reputation: theg1ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by dd13
    what if...you took your 900,bought all the compnents,or some package if they have one,then work a little,make 2-300$ and buy yourslef a decetn frame...i mean an identiti dr. jekyll is only 320...or something like a voodoo shango...
    The 07 stp frame is only 300 bucks. I like his idea the best. But if you must buy complete get the ruckus ss or uf
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    it's short but it's pretty.... just like a guatemalan hooker...

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Do you even know what 4x is? It's 4 riders on one track out of a starting gate. And that is NOT the Yakuza.

    And I'm not saying it can't be done, but I'm saying it's the WRONG TOOL. And the p.bike was more an urban bike than a freeride bike.

    I didn't say beefy was bad. But it's heavy (in the bad sense), it's fat (in the bad sense), and it's on the long side (in the bad sense).

    If he's getting a new bike, why half-ass it? Get something built for the intended purpose. It'll ride nicer, and he'll enjoy it more.
    pwned.
    So, Performance can't order any manufacturers outside those listed? So you can't order Spec. even special ordered throught them? If i were you, i'd just try to get maybe give the $900 to someone else for $850 and get a Specialized P1. Sounds like that's one of the best for you.
    I have limited riding time with it, but from what i can tell, it's a nice bike.
    pUt Da LiMe In Da CoKe YoU nUt


  39. #39
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,509
    Specialized has gotten an@l about who they sell to. And Performance is not exactly the most reputable shop. I have worked there briefly. And for the money, there are much better options than the Specialized.

    Scroll down, and you'll see a list of frames available from QBP or BTI. I don't know who Performance uses for their distributor, but I imagine that they atleast have QBP.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Specialized has gotten an@l about who they sell to. And Performance is not exactly the most reputable shop. I have worked there briefly. And for the money, there are much better options than the Specialized.

    Scroll down, and you'll see a list of frames available from QBP or BTI. I don't know who Performance uses for their distributor, but I imagine that they atleast have QBP.
    Well, that sucks.
    But the IH Bakuto that Todd has been recommending is $740, and for $770 i'd much rather get the P1.
    I'd just get a GT ruckus then.
    Or that build kit and a new frame like previously suggested.
    pUt Da LiMe In Da CoKe YoU nUt


  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    459
    the flow is just about the only way to go for an urban bike. as a performance employee i can tell you that everythign else we carry is crap. it's sad cause i can remember teh days wehn we carried giant and kona and other REAL bikes. but go for the flow man they're sick bikes, i have a friend that rocks one and loves it

  42. #42
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Do you even know what 4x is? It's 4 riders on one track out of a starting gate. And that is NOT the Yakuza.

    And I'm not saying it can't be done, but I'm saying it's the WRONG TOOL. And the p.bike was more an urban bike than a freeride bike.

    I didn't say beefy was bad. But it's heavy (in the bad sense), it's fat (in the bad sense), and it's on the long side (in the bad sense).

    If he's getting a new bike, why half-ass it? Get something built for the intended purpose. It'll ride nicer, and he'll enjoy it more.
    just to proove you wrong again will, try this on for size http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=mountain+bike anyone who thinks a DH hardtail isnt going to work for park riding, is wrong. I've been riding my bakuto in the park all week. its a matter of just adjusting your body to the frame. it is a tiny bit big, but that means a little more effort, wich intern makes you a tiny bit of a better rider, because when you get on a smaller bike, you will have tons more skill (i.e) mostly being able to get more rotation.

    as for the bakuto being 740.00 whare did you see that price ? I got mine for $549.99
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  43. #43
    Premium Member
    Reputation: Ojai Bicyclist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,842
    You didn't prove anything. I saw a pic of some BMX dude throwing a pocket air on an old 10-speed. You probably don't know what a 10 speed is, but the point is that it's not about the bike. Sure you could ride park on that thing, but IF YOU'RE GONNA SHELL OUT BIG BUCKS GET THE BEST BIKE FOR THE JOB.

  44. #44
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojai Bicyclist
    You didn't prove anything. I saw a pic of some BMX dude throwing a pocket air on an old 10-speed. You probably don't know what a 10 speed is, but the point is that it's not about the bike. Sure you could ride park on that thing, but IF YOU'RE GONNA SHELL OUT BIG BUCKS GET THE BEST BIKE FOR THE JOB.
    I've got a video of a person doing flatland on an old roadie bike is someone wants that too. the deal is. if you want a bike for park, the STP is just as capable as a yakuza, and vise versa. the only way you are going to get something to beat that is like the GT UF 24" or something way more park specific. for 2007 the STP's have become a tad bit more DJ oriented than park. just component wise. its freaking hard to use a bike for all purposes. I've been there done that, and now we encourage riders at our shop to build something that will work better. half assing it would be "ohh, I want to do DJ, park and Freeride" a STP wont hold up to very much freeride abuse. nor will the Geo be accpeting of a fork over 100mm. either build something extremly versatile or build something specific.
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  45. #45

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    just to proove you wrong again will, try this on for size http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=mountain+bike anyone who thinks a DH hardtail isnt going to work for park riding, is wrong. I've been riding my bakuto in the park all week. its a matter of just adjusting your body to the frame. it is a tiny bit big, but that means a little more effort, wich intern makes you a tiny bit of a better rider, because when you get on a smaller bike, you will have tons more skill (i.e) mostly being able to get more rotation.

    as for the bakuto being 740.00 whare did you see that price ? I got mine for $549.99
    At Performance, where he has to buy the bike.
    pUt Da LiMe In Da CoKe YoU nUt


  47. #47
    mtbr remember
    Reputation: BikeSATORI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    anyone who thinks a DH hardtail isnt going to work for park riding, is wrong. I've been riding my bakuto in the park all week. its a matter of just adjusting your body to the frame. it is a tiny bit big, but that means a little more effort, when you get on a smaller bike, you will have tons more skill (i.e) mostly being able to get more rotation.

    you just made Will's argument for him.
    Schralp it Heavy.

  48. #48
    Meh.
    Reputation: XSL_WiLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    17,509
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    just to proove you wrong again will, try this on for size http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=mountain+bike anyone who thinks a DH hardtail isnt going to work for park riding, is wrong. I've been riding my bakuto in the park all week. its a matter of just adjusting your body to the frame. it is a tiny bit big, but that means a little more effort, wich intern makes you a tiny bit of a better rider, because when you get on a smaller bike, you will have tons more skill (i.e) mostly being able to get more rotation.

    as for the bakuto being 740.00 whare did you see that price ? I got mine for $549.99
    Wow. You are incredibly stupid.

    I didn't say you can't use it for park. I said it's the wrong tool. And that there are bikes better suited to it. And to be honest. Your video is hardly proof.

  49. #49
    Portland, OR
    Reputation: todd_freeride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Raghavan
    At Performance, where he has to buy the bike.
    they'll price match it. trust me, they'll be makeing 49.99 I used to work for Performance,...such a bad bike shop their desperate for sales
    Ibex bikes

    2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

  50. #50
    mtbr remember
    Reputation: BikeSATORI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by americanethics
    great link, funny. the road bike spine!
    Schralp it Heavy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •